• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

GIGRIG G2 question.

Pinesalmog

I'm planning on running 13 pedals in my chain, all connected to a GIGRIG G2. G2 has 10 effect loops.

In no particular order, these are my pedals: Compressor 1, Compressor 2, OD, Clean Boost 1, Clean Boost 2, Treble Boost, Chorus, Delay, Echo, Reverb, Volume Pedal, Tuner, Noise Suppressor.

Total of 13 pedals, minus the Tuner and volume because the GIGRIG G2 has a tuner and volume pedal out.

That leaves me with 11 pedals.

Was wondering if there a Noise Suppressor out on the G2? If not, is there a way I could fit a noise suppressor in my chain without plugging it into one of the 10 effect loops in the G2?

Also, the GIGRIG has two FX loop jacks (input/output) for FX loop on back of amplifiers. If I go through the FX loop jack on the G2 through the FX Loop of my amp on the overdrive channel of the amp, and want to go through the front of another amplifier on clean, or through the effects loop of the other amplifier, would I have to connect my FX Loop on my amplifier (one with dirty channel) to the front of the other amp, or through the FX Loop of the other amplifier (basically be able to put the G2 through the FX Loop of one amp and through the front of another amp, or to put the G2 through the FX Loop of both amplifiers)?

Thanks everyone,
Almog.

Gumbygreeneye

I'm planning on running 13 pedals in my chain, all connected to a GIGRIG G2. G2 has 10 effect loops.

In no particular order, these are my pedals: Compressor 1, Compressor 2, OD, Clean Boost 1, Clean Boost 2, Treble Boost, Chorus, Delay, Echo, Reverb, Volume Pedal, Tuner, Noise Suppressor.

I'd suggest getting rid of the boosts. The Gigrig G2 has a great clean boost built it that you can vary per patch according to taste.

Total of 13 pedals, minus the Tuner and volume because the GIGRIG G2 has a tuner and volume pedal out.

That leaves me with 11 pedals.

Was wondering if there a Noise Suppressor out on the G2? If not, is there a way I could fit a noise suppressor in my chain without plugging it into one of the 10 effect loops in the G2?

You may not need a suppressor as the G2 will undoubtedly quieten your setup. Perhaps sticking it after the G2 before your amp-send may be useful and will save a loop. Given lots of suppressors can kill you tone and you're investing in a G2 in part to save your tone, seriously consider whether you really need it.

Also, the GIGRIG has two FX loop jacks (input/output) for FX loop on back of amplifiers. If I go through the FX loop jack on the G2 through the FX Loop of my amp on the overdrive channel of the amp, and want to go through the front of another amplifier on clean, or through the effects loop of the other amplifier, would I have to connect my FX Loop on my amplifier (one with dirty channel) to the front of the other amp, or through the FX Loop of the other amplifier (basically be able to put the G2 through the FX Loop of one amp and through the front of another amp, or to put the G2 through the FX Loop of both amplifiers)?

The above paragraph really had me confused. Daniel has a G2 manual for download that shows various set ups with two amps and so forth. He even has a wet-dry-wet setup. If you check that out, you may find the answer to what you're looking for.

Thanks everyone,
Almog.

Answers in the quoted text above though it may not be exactly what you're asking.

I hope that helped.

Tube Guy

Gold Supporting Member
^ agree with this.

No need for noise suppressors unless you have a noisy pedal in which case you could put both in the same loop. A Cali 76 solved my need for 2 compressors too (albeit not switchable on the fly).

I run 13 pedals in 10 loops by using 3 Remote Loopy2s to add loops. A simpler option would be to run one in front to get 12 loops.

I'm wondering if you're thinking that the control signal jacks are signal jacks (they're not). I use mine to control boost/ OD on my amp and loops on my Loopy2s. I actually use two G2s in series and go in and out of the fx loop of one amp when I need to, I can also substitute Kingsley preamp pedals for the front end of two of my amps for more tonal variation.

Things I've learned about GigRigs:
  • They're amazing for pedal shootouts, I've got rid of loads of pedals as a result
  • They have no noise, buffers are your friend
  • Zcables spice up the end result (blanket off the amp effect) by raising the impedance back to guitar levels
  • If I run two amps (which I mostly do), I prefer the sound of full OD into one and mixed/ blended OD into the other (using a WetBox). Full OD into both has less distinction, clean and dirty sounds like two separate rigs.
  • Check the phase of every pedal, many invert and if you can hear it you may want to correct it (using the phase switch which is selectable on a patch by patch basis)
  • Try every OD with boost (buffers) before or after, some sound much better
Have fun!
  • You can get variable OD levels from the same pedal by varying the levels of pre and post boost

Just read the G2 Manual, and to my surprise, I did not find anything on switching positions of pedals. I thought it was possible to have for example a preset with fuzz going into phaser, and another preset with phaser going into fuzz. Is this not possible? Is it only possible to change to position of the Volume pedal loop? If yes, can you put any pedal in this loop?

Tube Guy

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, any pedals in the volume loop (which is activated when the output buffer is on) which can be positioned between any mono loops in startup configuration.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom