GigRig Pro-14 vs Moen GEC9

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RandallFloyd, Feb 29, 2012.

1. RandallFloyd

RandallFloyd Member

Anyone A/B'd these? Or have any input as to why:

They appear to do just about the exact same thing and I'm wondering why there is a MASSIVE price difference. The Moen is $300 while the GigRig is $1150!!

2. cacibi

cacibi Member

For the GigRig you get:

- More fx loops
    - More presets at once (although no banking, so you are limited to 14...kind of, see next bullet)
    - The ability to "stack" patches/presets and combine them quickly on the fly
    - output level control on each patch
    - switchable buffer on each patch
    - multiple, switchable outputs
    - Easy programmability (via dip switches on the face)
    - 2 Remote switches for amp controls (n/o, n/c)
    - tuner mute/bypass
    - AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE

The GigRig is very sturdy, very well-layed out and sounds great (or doesn't sound at all...whichever way you want to look at it).

There is so much functionality built into the GigRig that I find I forget about some of it and remember, "Oh right, it DOES do that!"

I've had really, really great technical and customer support from Daniel and his crew. It is not cheap, but it's the most easy-to-use and powerful thing I've come across. I would also say their modular power supply is not a cheap investment (by the time you add up Generator, Distributor, cables, virtual batteries, high voltage supplies) but it's so modular, it can be purchased in installments and upgraded along the way. It's the best power system I've found because it's totally customizable to MY setup.

I think it's an investment that will last you years and be very well supported IF you ever have any trouble with it.

3. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

I would probably like the GigRig Pro more if it wasn't the size of a cadillac, and nearly the price of one too. ;)

Maybe the smaller one would be better for my uses, less cabbage as well.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  4. Carlos Pérez

Carlos Pérez Member

I own the small version, the GigRig MIDI 8. It´s the best investment in order to improving my tone I´ve ever made. Period. Daniel is a tone freak and a respectable musician as well, so he really know his business.

5. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

I know the Pro-14 is extremely expensive, bit it's a worthy investment.
    I procrastinated over getting one for two years but glad I finally got it.

6. GrooveSkipInc

GrooveSkipInc Member

You may want to check out the Musicomlabs EFX III+ as well. It's pretty killer.

7. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

In my case it's not so much the price, but the size of the Pro 14, it's just huge. Maybe if I had a flat bed truck available I could carry it around with me a little easier.

The Gec9 is the ideal size and still has enough functionality to make it a win imo.

8. moaningrooster

moaningrooster Member

this:agree

9. cuellin

cuellin Member

I own and love my Gig Rig PRO 14.

Yes it's quite big and expesive but worth worth worth.

Really easy setup, preset and/or amp selection on the fly, tuner out, let's you power some 9V pedals, etc...

Honestly, I can't imagine myself without this awsome device except when I play with my blues band (guitar straight to the amp).

I highly recommend it, any issues in 3 years, all I can say: AMAZING

10. jason41224

jason41224 Member

i'm gonna be getting a Moen pretty soon. you just can't beat that price.