GigRig Virtual Battery VB-DC Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Steve Mavronis, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Steve Mavronis

Steve Mavronis Member

Just saw this "Virtual Battery" for the first time on the GigRig site. At around $39 each looks like you'd need one in between each effect to isolate it? Sounds like something that could be DIY'd depending on how it works.

[​IMG]

2. cacibi

cacibi Member

I have several of them along with various other GR power supplies for 12 volt, 18 volt, etc.

It is the most modular, complete range of PS options available IMHO. By no means cheap - but great stuff which can largely be mounted underneath Pedaltrain boards.

The only caveat I would apply to the virtual batteries, is that they definitely seem to deliver a limited amount of current. I have noticed that they will not power my high consumption pedals and therefore I have to power those directly from the distributor, or in some cases, specialized adapters (Nova, Eventide, etc.).

That being said - the Generator and Distributor by themselves are very, very good and very low noise. I would think the VB's would only be needed for 1) pedals without power jacks or 2) pedals that really do require the isolation; I would think this would largely be vintage FX.