Gilmour Reveals the Secret to His Tone - Boss Heavy Metal

General_Specific

Gold Supporting Member
From Guitar World - 1988

“That very nasty distortion you hear at the beginning of the song is basically the result of the Steinberger going through two little amps in the studio – a Fender Super Champ and a Gallien-Krueger. I use a Boss Heavy Metal distortion pedal and a Boss digital delay pedal, which then goes into the Fender Super Champ. "

“Again, I don't have a very precise method of doing anything. I'm sorry, I feel like I'm being awfully vague about all this, but that's the way I am. I just play intuitively and work the same way in the studio. I don't have any magical effects or anything that helps me to get my particular sound. It's all very hard to explain. I just keep fiddling with the little knobs on different boxes until it sounds right to me."

“One thing about my guitar sounds", "I think I could walk into any music shop anywhere and with a guitar off the rack, a couple of basic pedals and an amp I could sound just like me. There’s no devices, customized or otherwise, that give me my sound. It comes off my fingers."

Pick53766

DG only used the Boss Heavy Metal pedal at the beginning of the song "Sorrow" from Momentary Lapse of Reason. The cited quotes from that interview are a bit out of context here.
I'd be very much surprised should that be true. It sounds like your stereotypical Muff. I can get nowhere near that with the HM-2.

General_Specific

Gold Supporting Member
DG only used the Boss Heavy Metal pedal at the beginning of the song "Sorrow" from Momentary Lapse of Reason. The cited quotes from that interview are a bit out of context here.

Only for brevity.

DG has consistently said that he uses whatever is laying around the studio.

Chic-Pop

One of the local guitarists I have played with has a very "Gilmourish" touch. He cut his chops listening to Pink Floyd. Love it!

Blanket Jackson

Trash! Pick it up!
Gold Supporting Member
1659637835565.png

Top Bottom