• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Gilmour Tone !!!!

foomoola

Hey Everyone ,

I am looking to grab that Gilmour TONE with 1 Pedal , through a clean tube amp ...I was told that the Skreddy Pink Flesh was the way to go but when I went to their site the pedal has been discontinued ....Any thoughts ? Let me know ....Thanks ...D.P. :crazy

DrGonzo

Platinum Supporting Member
Which tone on which song on which album?

All of the following Skreddy pedals do a great job of capturing certain Gilmour tones:
Skreddy Pink Flesh
Skreddy Lunar Module
Skreddy Pinkmour/Top Fuel

Any of the above would be a great start, but so much of Gilmour's tone is technique and phrasing that a pedal will only get you so far.

popsongsmith

gilmour's tone come from his technique. he would still sound like gilmour if he traded rigs with van halen.

rewog

The Lunar Module does the Dark Side of the Moon tones amazingly well.
It's like several effects combined into one to nail this tone.

scott58

Good luck, even with my Variax and POD I have yet to find something "gilmorish" I actually like with the exception of "Wish you were Here" of course. Switching from 12 string model to 6 to dobro on the "boutique amp" setting is very cool. I also have a passable "Comfortably Numb", But "shine on you crazy diamond" forget about it. I've all but given up on that one.

POD: Hi-watt amp model, MXR Phaser, a bit of chorus, sustain at 90%

Variax: Les Paul model bridge and neck setting. (I prefer this over the Strat setting).

It's a cool tone, but certainly won't be confused with gilmore.

joel

how do the topfuel and luner module differ? I think I'll order a LM just for the paint job...

Timbre Wolf

>thermionic<
Platinum Supporting Member
I think using a good spacey echo goes without saying.
How 'bout phaser, Dynacomp, Alembic preamp, tube driver, talk box, Whammy, Cornish pedals and tube buffers, rotary speakers, etc.?

I think the Swiss Army may be developing that solitary, multi-use pedal, but they've not released it yet.

rewog

Depends what Gilmour tone you're after.
According to www.gilmourish... on the "Dark Side of the Moon" recording session he used:-

Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
Univox Uni-Vibe
Binson Echorec II
Kepex processor (tremolo, Money recording session)
EMS Synthi Hi-Fli guitar effect processor

Sid

No offense but that sounds nothing like Gilmour, IMO.

Good playing though.....
hehe thanks man...i generally get the gilmour vibe goin with the top fuel, i guess my clip doesnt do the pedal complete justice...camcorder mic, SS amp etc....:D

Hey Everyone ,

I am looking to grab that Gilmour TONE with 1 Pedal , through a clean tube amp ...I was told that the Skreddy Pink Flesh was the way to go but when I went to their site the pedal has been discontinued ....Any thoughts ? Let me know ....Thanks ...D.P. :crazy
Skreddy Top Fuel does it exactly! If you're playing a Strat, put in a set of EMG DG20's along with the Top Fuel and you're there!!! *I haven't tried the other Skreddy pedals so I can't comment on them.

vtg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom