Girlfriend spilt wax on my guitar.

Jynx

Like the title says. Not sure how to approach removing it. Black acoustic.

20201129_005356.jpg

OnkelC

you will need some large sheets of plastic, an axe, a bonesaw and a shovel. make sure that the remains are buried at least six feet under.

If you have a pig farm around, that would also be a viable alternative, but make sure to remove the teeth beforehand, as it will cause them digestive problems.

as for the guitar, a Hairdryer and a few paper towels will do the trick. cover the wax-covered area with paper towels and blow at it with the hairdryer at low power/low heat until the wax gets liquid and absorbed by the towel.

kakev

It does not do any harm to your guitar. Gently scrape off the excess and leave the rest. Be a martyr. Appear like it’s the end of the world. Use that in your favour. In case your gf is genuinely nice person, then just scrape off the excess, leave the rest and play it. Guitar looks better when it obviously has some stories to tell.

bojocatkite

I come late but alcohol is a really good cleaner for candle wax... as long as your finish is not shellac of course (like french polished shellac).

Alejandro

Gold Supporting Member
First remove your girlfriend, then...(Joke)
Late, but I guess the best way to remove wax is:

1) gradually soften the wax with a hair dryer, medium heat. Keep the blow dryer 3 to 4 inches away from the wood. Opposite: freeze it by placing an ice cube over it until it hardens. Then, scrape

2) gently scrap with a plastic utensil, spatula, or credit card.

3) Finally, use guitar wax to get rid of any additional residue

Option: soft cloth with a mixture of one part vinegar and two parts water. (I am not sure about this, but I heard many times about this procedure)

Ron Kirn

you will need some large sheets of plastic, an axe, a bonesaw and a shovel. make sure that the remains are buried at least six feet under.

If you have a pig farm around, that would also be a viable alternative, but make sure to remove the teeth beforehand, as it will cause them digestive problems.

OMG!! that is so absurdly offensive, I cannot contain myself... to do that to some poor piggies... expect a call from Peta . . :eek: :rotflmao

r

Scrapperz

Belongs in the Bad Advice thread. :rotflmao

Trending Topics