Give me some DD-20 presets

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by War Admiral, Oct 13, 2006.

1. War Admiral

War Admiral Member

I did a search and didn't come up with a lot. I just picked up a used one and I'm digging it. Can anyone help me out? Favourite settings?
    Thanks Chris.

2. Chadley

Chadley Member

Tape Echo
    Effect Volume all the way up
    Tone 12:00
    Repeats set to taste
    Set to dotted eighth delays
    Tap in your tempo and let it fly

3. War Admiral

War Admiral Member

4. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact Supporting Member

Pseudo Ring modulation:
    Reverse delay
    16msec of delay
    feedback to taste - careful, this can get out of hand quickly.

If I remember correctly, this is tuned to a just slightly flat B natural.

5. dotlikeimpact

Pseudo Psycho Chorus/Flanger:
    Modulated Delay
    Short (~10 msec delay times)
    Play with the modulation speed and depth, as well as the feedback.

6. dotlikeimpact

Time machine:
    23 secs delay. Very little feedback. High mix level. Any 'normal' delay mode. It will make you think.

7. Chadley

Chadley Member

Here is another....

Delay mode set to "Tape"
    Tempo 70 bpm, quarter notes
    Delay level all the way up
    Repeats set to about 2:00
    Tone about 11:00
    Now use a volume pedal or volume knob to swell in chords and single note lines. It creates a really cool synth pad like atmosphere.

8. War Admiral

War Admiral Member

Cool stuff! Thanks guys.:dude

9. monk

monk Member

Standard mode. Level at all the way up. Feedback at 0.
    Delaytime 92ms. This is Morellos setting for cochise.

10. Den

Den Member

I've got one preset set up similar that gives me a really workable chorus ... got rid of my Choralflange and picked up some pedalboard real estate. Although I'm not a big chorus kind of guy, I think this sounds excellent for live use.

11. War Admiral

War Admiral Member

Hey Den, you got me interested on what your exact settings for that modulation preset are.:D

12. Den

Den Member

I'm not near my pedalboard now ... but I'll check it out and get back to you.

13. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

not a preset as much of a technique:

for a flexible looper instead of the SOS, choose a delay type of your choice (for this i've been using modulated), with the tempo set to whole note. instead of tapping quarters, tap each measure. you can use any time signature or rhythmic feel. repeat four times, or play four measures worth, with the feedback set all of the way up, and then click "off" (but leaving the echoes looping) to get out of the loop.

a setting of dotted half will lead to 3 measures, half note to two measures, (and here is when it gets real fun), dotted quarter for 1 1/2 phrases and so on.

also, you could hit the temp button at the right moment to change your phrase from 4 measures to 3, to 2, etc..., but not in the reverse direction which kind of sucks

modulated delay will give a more "lush" and cyclical moving sound. I need to mess with it, but I would think the tape and analog settings will degenerate nicely for more textural loops. reverse is constantly flipping the phrase (reverse echo/forward echo/reverse echo/etc...) which can lead to an 8 measure phrase. for example: an E F Am G progression (one chord per measure) becomes E F Am G G Am F E. Palindrome chord progression/noissergorp drohc emordnilaP.

I also need to mess with the warp and twist settings as they don't do much for me yet, just haven't gotten to know them well enough yet.

AND THEN.. using the right preset selection mode, set the manual setting to SOS, lay down a rhythm track that will have no modulation, and then switch to the preset with the other looping delay. haven't tried that yet either

conceptually, its not that fancy, but in some ways I think it goes a little further than what the designers intended, and that can be where the fun really starts.

i've really been working to gain proficiency with treating my effects like further extensions of instrument, not just a sound to turn on and off. maybe its from hanging around so many MAX/MSP and PD users

joe