Give me some friggen feedback on an original

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by KaLL, Feb 3, 2012.

1. KaLL

KaLL Member

This is a rough take that i'm working to improve. The lyrics in this take are a bit awkward and have been touched up since, and the vocals are amazing but they aren't that bad either.

Let me know what you think, i would appreciate it.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/kallanjphillips/wastedepchoirvocalsfalsemaster[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. buzzp

buzzp Member

Dig the guitar, the melody for the most part too. I don't know if its the recording or you, but your vocals are.. "breathy". When the song gets to what I think is the prechorus at 2:03, I like the melody for the first 2 lines, but for the other 2, go higher with it on the 3rd and lower on the 4th or something... whatever you do, don't repeat such a similar melody 4 times in a row. It sounds like its building into something, and then you don't go anywhere.

Not a bad tune, thats my 3 cents

3. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

I like where it's heading, nice voice and nice guitar sound. I agree that some additional range in the melody at the climax would help. But it really does sound nice.

4. KaLL

KaLL Member

Cheers for the feedback guys, really appreciated. The vocal recording does help make it sound breathy, but i've decided since this take that i can step it up a key and it reduces that also - so its a bit of both.

And the melody changes you've described are exactly what i've been working towards, and line up with all the other feedback i've gotten!