Gjika Gainmaster...What is close?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Diezelman, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Diezelman

Diezelman Member

Recently picked up a Gjika KT77. What a winner for an amp, and a great compliment to my Diezels. Responsive, Toneful, Colorful, and with balls!
    I tried to purchase a Gainmaster pedal with no such luck as Bob's not currently making them "at this time" - period. So guys, fill me in with what you know. I am in line for a Fractal Axe Fx Standard (I know it's a different animal), but is there anything there that can do it? I'm also looking for the best attenuator to go with it. I've never used one as Diezels don't need one!

Thanks in advance for your input...This site really is a wonderful place to share.:BEER

2. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Try a StageHog, and you won't have to worry about "if they are being made at this time" thing, b/c they are!

3. Cream Fan

Cream Fan Member

Bob's amps a VERY pedal friendly, so you can use just about any good overdrive. But there's nothing like a Gainmaster--nothing.

4. Cary Chilton

5. AdamGian

AdamGian Member

You disagree with what? Have you played the GM and Stage Hog side-by-side?

6. Cary Chilton

I just, .... disagree.

7. AdamGian

AdamGian Member

Thanks for clarifying. :rolleyes:

I have a Gjika KT77 and a Gjika Mini-amp. They work really well together. I also owned a Stage Hog for several months and used it through the KT77 during that time.

IMO, the Stage Hog is more "American" sounding, while the Mini-amp is more "British" sounding due to the EL84 inside. The Stage Hog uses a pre-amp tube in the output tube roll - good box.

I'd love to try a GM.

8. Cary Chilton

I was being facetious.... I don't like the tubes that came with the 5751, hifi-ish - changing the tubes made a difference though.