Gjika Gainmaster

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by madaxeman, Apr 5, 2008.

1. madaxeman

madaxeman Member

Anyone know how much these cost and where to buy or order one?

Thank You

2. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

they are $3,750.00. Really, because you have the buy an amp before you can get the pedal, which is another $750. So $3k amp + $750 and there you go.

3. madaxeman

madaxeman Member

Alright then,thanks I guess that is one pedal I will be passing on.No wonder the guy can't afford a website:crazy

4. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

He sure builds bitchin' amps, though.

5. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Contact Burlington for info. They are his dealer. http://burlingtonguitar.com//index.html

If the Gainmaster is anything like his Mini-Amp, it's not a traditional pedal. A basic description is that it's a little amp you drive first and send that into your main amp. It's more than that, but that's the basic idea.

6. Cream Fan

Cream Fan Member

The Gainmaster not like the Mini Amp, in that it doesn't have a power tube in it. It's much smaller and has one 12AX7. It kills the Mini Amp in every respect and I own BOTH!

7. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Interersting. So, basically an external pre-amp then? Or is that oversimplifying things too far. Does it seem tuned to Gjika's amps, or does it work with others too?

Give a review!

8. madaxeman

madaxeman Member

Thanks for the response.....so how much and where?

Thanks

9. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Care to expand on this? I have the mini and I'm just curious- from what little I've seen the Gainmaster is a pedal and the mini is more like a preamp, so fairly different devices. So few people have tried a mini so I'm always curious to hear what experiences others have with them.

10. Cream Fan

Cream Fan Member

Bob is only selling the Gainmaster to those who own or purchase his heads, therefore the price is irrelevant. It was designed to work with them as an outboard gain device. It also works great with other amps. The Mini Amp, while a great amp/pedal was a bit persnickety with regard to what amps it was plugged into. The Gainmaster has more gain on tap and really becomes an extension of the amp itself. The Mini Amp was tricky in that you had to set up the host amp a certain way to get them to work together. No so with the Gainmaster.

11. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Thanks for the info Cream Fan. I agree on the mini being picky, but it can sound fantastic when you match things up right. It doesn't work with all amps and that's really where it falls short for me.

12. Ian Anderson

Ian Anderson Supporting Member

Bob voiced the GM to work with his amps and really could care less if it worked with anything else. So I brought over an old plexi to see how it would sound with it and we were both blown away. His amp destroys the Marshall in frequency response and harmonic content, but the Gainmaster brought it to life and souonded great.