1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Glaswerks 50 watter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Miles Long, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Damn, this amp's off the hook! I auditioned it with my Languedoc hollowbody. The clean channel is a thing of beauty, more usable than my Emerald pro, more blackface like but with more mids on tap, very harmonically rich. Step on the boost and the clean has that perfect slightly broken up tone, dig in and it sings! The od channel I jokingly called audio LSD bacause of all the colorful harmonics leaping off the fretboard. Definately enough gain on tap here, I was dubious at first. Each held note gloriously sustained into effortless harmonic feed back, like a laser it was. You could easily get a tone simmiliar to EJ or Herring. Most D-style amps aren't the greatest for rock, no deficiencies here unless you're playing Metallica! There are 2 tone stacks available here, 80's and 90's voicings plus a boost for both channels and a mid boost as well, I personally liked it a lot better than the Two rock custom sig I played at the Philly show. Also I'd like to thank Vlad for letting me play his new alder Suhr, it was insane! So was his playing! Last but not least, the new Lerner Fuchs revisions have taken Andy's amps int a new realm of excellence, kudos Scott and Andy, the 30 watter I played was excellent as well! Glaswerks on the way..:RoCkIn :dude :RoCkIn

2. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Tag, if you see this, you need to hear this amp. I think it dethroned my Emerald pro, very very good indeed!:drool

3. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Mine's coming soon!

4. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

You will love it, instant violin tone! Great cleans as well! The most harmonically rich amp I have ever heard!

5. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

Man, that's just what I wanna hear, just a few more weeks....

6. scottl

scottl Member

:drool Ole' dogears can cook up a stew!

No mention of the great reverb or loop? The T-Rex sure sounded great in there!

7. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Oh yeah, that's another thread in the effects forum! I rarely get this worked up over a new amp..:dude

8. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

You'll grin ear to ear when you plug in. The T-Rex is also the bomb in the loop, a match made in heaven, no need for dirt pedals here!

9. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

10. kendog

kendog Supporting Member

The clip sounds really good. It reminds of the Fuchs with some added highs.

11. scottl

scottl Member

Hi Ken,

Thanks....

That clip is really old. The circuit has totally changed since then. That was post OD stack, but not with the low gain network in place. I now use PAB mode and the stack is adjusted accordingly. There were some HRM component changes as well. I also revamped the coax cable runs and swapped some parts. The tone now is a whole different ball game. Even then, not sure why the Fuchs comparison. I don't hear it. Fuchs is non HRM and that clip is HRM. Maybe you are hearing the recording rig?

Any time you want to get together, I'd love to hang. We've never met....

Scott

12. Playloudd308

Playloudd308 Supporting Member

whats the wait/price? im going to get a d-style amp before the komet and this looks like a good candidate

13. BobbyRay

BobbyRay Supporting Member

OH MAN!!!

This is not helping me with waiting patiently for mine! I'm dying here! How long ago did you get it?

Hey Glasman...ETA...Please? (Just kidding of course. I don't want to rush you...Perfection takes time!) I've got two Big outdoor gigs coming up quick. I'd love to have a Glaswerks SOD100 sittin' on stage!

Glad to hear you like it!:RoCkIn Here's to good tone!:BEER

14. BobbyRay

I just reread your post...
    "Glaswerks on the way"...The waiting is the hardest part!

15. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Yeah, that amp slays, I can't wait either!:rotflmao

16. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Lol! My Brunos did that long ago. ;) I am sure if Scott helped design it, it is killer. My Fuchs SLX smokes as well. I am just not into the Dumble thing anymore. :) At this point, if I were going Dumble again, it would be a Bruno Super 100 EL34 which is a dead on clone of Genes grail Tan Dumble. (Not from schematics or word of mouth, but from the actual Dumble itself.)

17. Tag

One more point here.
    I A/b d the E.Pro over and over and over again for hours at a time with 3 original Dumbles. This was through the same speaker cabs with amp switchers, as well as with different cabs and A/B boxes. The amps were so similar when set to sound the same, it was virtually impoossible to tell them apart. This is even with EL34 tubes in the Dumble, and 6L6s in the Low gain E.Pro. If the Glaswerks is killing the E.Pro, then it is killing the Dumbles. I simply do not believe this, as no clone is going to kill what it was cloned from! Lol! ...... I love the features, and the switchable tone stacks is ultra cool. This does sound like a REALLY cool amp. Lets just keep our senses together, and keep it real.:)

18. BobbyRay

It would be pretty neat, since you have first hand experience with the Tan Dumble to hear your take on the Glaswerks. Especially a side by side comparison. Who knows? Maybe it would smoke the Dumble in your not so humble opinion?

Maybe.

One thing that is a known is that it will be more versatile, which doesn't mean better, but more versatile nonetheless.

And so far as not believing it could "smoke" another amp, I prefer not to believe it either. I'd rather find out first hand if possible instead on relying on conjecture. So give Scott a ring and figure out when you can try one for yourself, with your super-human ears big guy!

19. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

A couple of questions...how much for the 50 watt and have you heard the other models?

20. Tag

I will. No clone is going to smoke what it was cloned from however. Not going to happen. :nono You do not even need my super human ears to figure that out. ;)