• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Glaswerks is moving

glaswerks

Glaswerks Amplification will be relocating our shop from San Tan Valley, Arizona to Afton, MN.

Glaswerks will be closed from September 3, 2016 and we plan to reopen no later than October 1, 2016.
At that time, Glaswerks will go from a part time shop to full time with normal 9 to 5 business hours. You will still get the one on one service that you have grown to expect from Glaswerks.
Look for new product lines and new dealers in the near future!!

We will still be available during the move period and you can contact us at 612 254-5787 if you have any questions.

We look forward to supporting the needs of the musical community. And we wish to thank the GearPage Community for supporting Glaswerks over the past 10 years. If it wasn't for the players there wouldn't be a Glaswerks.

If you reside in the Twin Cities area or passing thru on I-94, give us a call, the new shop is located about 6 miles south of I-94 and just west of the St. Croix river (Near Hudson Wisconsin). Give a call and stop by to sample the wares and sip a cup of coffee.

Need a Glaswerks during the moving period, contact our friends at :

Austin Guitar house
Destroy all Guitars

Thanks
Gary and Michelle Johnson

glaswerks

That's a drastic climate shift. Congratulations on the business.

Josh

Yes it will be lol. I grew up in Bakersfield CA and moved to Arizona in 1975 to attend college and never left lol.
So I will get to experience an eye opening I am sure. But the wife and I own a 10 acre ranch / farm so that will be the nice part of the change.
Lots of animals and space!! Of course being married for 2 and 1/2 years and living in two different states is not that much fun either.

Here is an aerial of the new Glaswerks Location.

Gary

Last edited:

rreiser

Silver Supporting Member
You better be a Packer fan since your near Hudson. LOL Hope to stop in some time and see the shop !

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
Gary, are you going to snowbird in AZ?

or can we expect cryogenically treated amps to be available (at a small upcharge ;) ?

ItJustRocks

Platinum Supporting Member
I'll have to stop by and introduce myself. I personally like having four distinct seasons and the Twin Cities/Hudson area has a lot to offer.

flcmcya

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats on the move Gary,

.....a buddy of mine here told me it was in the works.

Love good coffee and your kickbutt amps. :aok

glaswerks

Congrats on the move Gary,

.....a buddy of mine here told me it was in the works.

Love good coffee and your kickbutt amps. :aok
I'll have to stop by and introduce myself. I personally like having four distinct seasons and the Twin Cities/Hudson area has a lot to offer.
Absolutely, the shop will be open Monday through Friday so you can stop by anytime, just call first lol. My wife will have plans for me as well.

I am really looking forward to getting to the cities! Thank god the shop is heated!!
Arizona only has two seasons. Hot and not so hot. Looking forward to see our Maple trees turn bright red!! And riding the John Deere to snow blow.
As well as getting to ride my buddy Henry.

glaswerks

Gary, are you going to snowbird in AZ?

or can we expect cryogenically treated amps to be available (at a small upcharge ;) ?
NO NO NO. There is too much of the US I have never seen. My kids can come and see me, after 41 years in Phoenix, I am ready for a change.

Well I can throw the chassis' in a snow bank I guess to treat them lol.

But after working 7 days a week for the past 30 years, I am sure the wife and I will go on an occasional vacation, I promised her Italy and I
really want to make that happen for her. But that will be next summer.

OaklandA

Gold Supporting Member
You will be missed in AZ, but best of luck in Minnesota. When I was a kid we used to go to my grandfather's cabin in the Brainerd area. Very nice but a lot different than here for sure. Stock up on mosquito spray...

Before you're moving are you having a big garage sale slightly banged up Zingaro's will be sold for a song?

glaswerks

You will be missed in AZ, but best of luck in Minnesota. When I was a kid we used to go to my grandfather's cabin in the Brainerd area. Very nice but a lot different than here for sure. Stock up on mosquito spray...

Before you're moving are you having a big garage sale slightly banged up Zingaro's will be sold for a song?

Yes MN is a lot different than Arizona, snow, skitters and humidity. Guess I will get used to it.

Actually there have been two moving sale items so far, 1 100W Zingaro in 102 style and 1 100W 70's style overdrive deluxe and GW112 speaker cabinet. I listed them on Facebook and both sold in less than one hour.
The Zingaro went for $1500 (was used on the Wynonna 2016 tour with Charlie White on guitar and the Overdrive Deluxe package went for $1800.00, it was used with the Louis Prima Jr orchestra with Ryan McKay on guitar. Ryan used the amp and cabinet on several sessions, most notably a Studio A session at Capitol Records in Hollywood for the Loius Prima Jr second album

I will have one more item that will come up for sale next week. It will also be listed on Facebook, seems to be a good outlet for used equipment.

OaklandA

Gold Supporting Member
Yes MN is a lot different than Arizona, snow, skitters and humidity. Guess I will get used to it.

Actually there have been two moving sale items so far, 1 100W Zingaro in 102 style and 1 100W 70's style overdrive deluxe and GW112 speaker cabinet. I listed them on Facebook and both sold in less than one hour.
The Zingaro went for $1500 (was used on the Wynonna 2016 tour with Charlie White on guitar and the Overdrive Deluxe package went for $1800.00, it was used with the Louis Prima Jr orchestra with Ryan McKay on guitar. Ryan used the amp and cabinet on several sessions, most notably a Studio A session at Capitol Records in Hollywood for the Loius Prima Jr second album

I will have one more item that will come up for sale next week. It will also be listed on Facebook, seems to be a good outlet for used equipment.
OK, I need to follow you on Facebook...lol.