glaswerks smooth od demo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lv, Dec 30, 2007.

1. lv

lv Member

I dialed up the tone as smooth as possible, with as much mids and low as possible, maybe too much low, but here it is anyway:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6119818

Les Paul bridge pickup (lollar imperial low wind)

Amp has the stack engaged. There is a pause around :45 where I turn the preamp boost (tone stack bypass) on.

2. CNOTE

CNOTE Member

Sounded like you were holding back on your picken attack a bit so as not to let the amp take each note away. I may be just imagining. It sounds like a very touch sensitive amp though.

It sounded good. Like a good thick clean with a bite waiting to happen at anytime.

Can't Wait For Mine!!!!:drool:crazy

3. bilbal

bilbal Member

Lou:

I just spent some time on your clip page. Of all the clips, my fav is the
    glaswerks od w/les paul 70's vs 90's hrm. I really like the 70's clip a lot. How long did it take to get your amp? What is the way by which you ordered - direct or through a dealer?

Nice playing on the clips page. There are a lot of very nice tones and some great playing.

I'm planning to buy another amp by summer. So far, I have my sights set on an ODS Fuchs, Soldano SLO, Carol-Ann, and a few more. Now I can add your amp to the list. Of all I am considering, I don't find myself being disappointed regardless of which I end up. They are all great amps. Actually, I cannot say that. I haven't demoed any of them. I could possibly be completely turned off by one when I plug in. I know I like the SLO. I have owned two of them. I'm going to check out a Bludo tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway...enough of my ramblin'. Good job and thanks for the post(s).

4. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

very nice smooth tones Lou! I still want to talk to you again. I was to busy messing with my tones and trying to get Fords today. No such luck. :(

5. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

Wow, I loved these tones! Little more high end and/or maybe not placing the mic so far off-axis. Sounds a little distant and on the verge of being muddy, but I can tell the amp is absolutely kicking a$$. Very impressive.