• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Glaswerks Super Overdrive II - A Very Non-scripted demo :)

glaswerks

A clip of Nicky Moroch and company playing around with the Glaswerks Superoverdrive II amp and 2x12 cabinet at the hotel during NAMM.

Shot with a canon 5D Mk II and internal microphone.

ripoffriffs

Silver Supporting Member
I love how the tone is definitely rock.... hard rock... grinding hard rock! and in a beautiful way that no distortion pedal or today's asian imported marshall can even touch! And no R. Ford tones either.

What speaker brands was used here?

glaswerks

The cabinet is loaded with 2 Celestion G1265's. They have very low hours on them so they are no where near broken in at this point.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Thanks Much. A lot of it is Nicky :).
Man, that Nicky guy thinks he's so cool (GRIN - and he IS cool!).

Sounds great Gary, and Nicky always seems to be able to express himself on the guitar (GRIN - he's one of the unsung heroes in guitarland, IMHO - AMAZING player in a ton of idioms. He reads great too - jerk!)

Thanks, Dana O.

glaswerks

Man, that Nicky guy thinks he's so cool (GRIN - and he IS cool!).

Sounds great Gary, and Nicky always seems to be able to express himself on the guitar (GRIN - he's one of the unsung heroes in guitarland, IMHO - AMAZING player in a ton of idioms. He reads great too - jerk!)

Thanks, Dana O.
Hey Dana, you're no slouch on he 6 six beast either. Remember I heard you on the same rig.

Of course, you liked the 70's style amp.

Gary

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice...gotta love the SODII (and I DO LOVE MINE!).
Finally got around to making my 212/G1265 cab work...just had to crank it.
The old MESA/EVM12L 112 is still numero uno.

S.
j

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Holy crap man, that sounded amazing- through a camcorder mic nonetheless. The player was exactly the right cat for this demo. Great phrasing that really showed off the dynamics of the amp.

Question- I'm no longer gigging. Can this amp be tamed for home volumes? Or must it be gig volumes to get those tones/sustain/harmonic overtones?

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
There are 2 guys from Indy on this thread...wow.

Hey, you two...there is a beautiful SODII rig a little over 100 miles north of you.
C'mon up and check it out in person!!

S.
j

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
There are 2 guys from Indy on this thread...wow.

Hey, you two...there is a beautiful SODII rig a little over 100 miles north of you.
C'mon up and check it out in person!!

S.
j
Seriously? You've got one? Right on man- I'm buying lunch if you let me play that amp! Be prepared, I may try to buy it from you!

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Yep,
I have one.

We need to do an Indy TGP get together...the sooner the better!

S.j

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
^^ That is a sweet amp. I've watched that Nicky clip over and over and checked out the Glaswerks site as well. This amp looks amazing.

Here's my question: I'm not sure I need channel switching and all that. Would the Super Overdrive model get me the same tones? I'd be more into a single channel, less knobs, less expensive (and probably lower wattage) version that gets the tone in that video.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Well,
Ask Gary...although I think Scottl has a Super OverDrive head as well as a SODII.

This amp is versatile, and not much it wont do tonally.

S.
j

Trending Topics