Glendale

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by michaelprice83, Jun 5, 2006.

1. michaelprice83

michaelprice83 Member

Omg, I just recieved my glendale neck and its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. If anyone is looking for someone to build them a top notch tele for a very reasonable price, he's the man......

btw, apparently Dale is no longer taking orders for necks and bodies, only complete guitars.

2. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

I'll add to your post that, although the looks are magnificent, the feel is outstanding. I had him build my custom neck with jumbo frets (6150). Its a thick, maple-capped, 1/4-sawn maple wonder, with a nitro finish. I've never felt a better neck (on a guitar, that is).

I definitely recommend contacting Dale (Glendale Guitars) for all things Tele, and for top-notch customer service!!

- T

3. michaelprice83

michaelprice83 Member

No doubt, the feel is exceptional. I'm still not sure how to describe the profile, however i can tell you that it is simply massive. Like its tailored for my hand, although I don't remember giving dale an imprint of my hand for reference..........

4. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Anyone played one of his guitars?
    Anyone know what he charges? How you order?

Thanks.

5. michaelprice83

michaelprice83 Member

Glendaleguitars.com

how do i post pics on here if i have them on my computer??

6. Timbre Wolf

I should talk, 'cause I've not done this yet, myself, but... You've got to post your pictures with a host site, then use the mountains/sun symbol above to link from there. There are free photo hosting services, and someone who's done this could make a recommendation (photobucket? others?). Try a search on that question, you'll get lots of hits.

Fortunately, I've got a photo of my (unfinished) Glendale body posted on his site. I had the blasphemous idea of getting contour cuts:
    [​IMG]

7. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Man, that's sweet ...

Wow!

Dana

8. Timbre Wolf

Dale's work is worthy of compliments: he's got extremely high standards about what he produces. The quality of his guitars and components reflects his dedication to the art. He's a great player, and I believe his high standards come from a true love of guitar. I'm glad to have connected with him.

- T

9. FatTeleTom

FatTeleTom Member

The neck on my Glendale is, for me, the best I've ever played. I measured it a while back--I'll try to dig those out and post them.

Basically it starts out at the same depth as my American Series Tele neck, but gets progressively deeper as you go up, unlike the Am. Ser., which is basically a constant depth. Not as chunky as a Custom Shop Nocaster, but wonderfully comfortable.

Love the fretboard feel too (I *think* it's a compound 7.5 to 9 radius, but not positive)--just fits me perfectly. No stickiness to the finish, either.

Combined with the very lightweight 1.5" thick body and the Glendale hardware, it's simply a great Tele.

I have a couple of (sadly poor quality) pic over at TDPRI:

http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7682

I'm hoping to get some better pics together soon, as those don't do the guitar justice.

10. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

i have glendale saddle on my 60' clone and they intonated like a dream. super easy, and no height-adj. screws ripping my hands apart! its the only glandale product ive tried, but im thoroughly impressed! totally worth the $$ if you ask me.