• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

GMD Lothar Drive

vintage66

Anyone else have one? Seems to be rare, one of my favorite drive pedals. I'm curious to know what it's based on. The Luther is tube screamer based, and I'm guessing Gearmanndude didn't build this from the ground up so it must be based on something. I actually have two I like it so much, partly because it is so rare I had to have a spare. It kind of gets into fuzz territory but with more clarity, none of that farty bass, a really good mean hard rock pedal without sounding hair metal, more vintage. Kind of covers the same space on my board an Ocd would, but different. Great cleanup.

I was contemplating getting a Keeley BD-2 when I realized that what I hoped it would do in my head, the Lothar was already doing in spades. Sadly, it's not in production currently.

Toneshack has a good demo on ytube, as well as GMD of course if you want to hear what it sounds like.

jordane93

I used to have one on my board. It's a great stacker and standalone pedal. It has a tighter bass than a regular 808 IMO. It's also priced right

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure it is basically a tube screamer with GMD's favorite mods integrated in a tastefully painted basic enclosure.

vintage66

Okay, here's a few vids

Btw, I like to use it as well as most of my od's and fuzzes with an already breaking up amp, where this pedal shines.

Trending Topics