1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

GMW guitars, who knows about them

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by samdjr74, Jul 7, 2006.

1. samdjr74

samdjr74 Member

Hi All,

Just wondering, I've always seen their site but I can't find much info on GMW guitars. I'm asking purely out of curiosity but it's always good to have some info on a potental future guitar.

thanks,
    Sam

2. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Supporting Member

Sam, I've owned several over the years, and here's some folks who are just this side of rabid about GMW's:

http://p105.ezboard.com/bccforum

Very fine guitars...

3. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I own two GMW guitars. I love 'em! One of them has been my main guitar for 2 years now.

4. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've got a fabulous custom Les Paul that Lee Garver made for me about 8 years ago that has been one of my main guitars. Excellent workmanship, superb finishing, and the best abalone inlay work.

5. samdjr74

samdjr74 Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the info, so I uess they are pretty open to custom work, body shapes and specs? How is their pricing?

6. JoeinLA

JoeinLA Member

Was it GMW that had that fretboard fiasco? Or am I getting my custom makers confused?

Joe

7. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

IIRC it was them, and I got to have a look at that particular neck while it was at the luthiers shop. Absolutely terrible work. I dont know all the ins and outs, but it was shocking - even worse than the photos suggested. :eek:

8. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

9. MOJO

MOJO Member

10. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

Thanks MOJO. I'll try that.