Go-to Timeline presets/patches?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MrMoose, Apr 26, 2016.

1. MrMoose

MrMoose Member

Been having a lot of trouble bonding with my Timeline, just can't get it to sit right in the mix for my tastes. I'm looking for some workhorse presets (tape, digital, analog) from guys who have bonded with theirs. Sounds you might use for 90% of your delays. Any suggestions?

2. Waylander

Waylander Member

Just took a quick look into my settings:

Tape - dTape: RPT 11, MIX 13, FILTER 8, GRIT 10, SPEED 10.30, DEPTH 11
    TAPE SPEED Normal, LO END Middle, TAPDIV qrtr, PRSIST on

Analog - dBucket: RPT 9, MIX 12.30, FILTER 11, GRIT 8, SPEED 8.30, DEPTH 9
    RANGE double, TAPDIV dotted, PRSIST off

Digital (for a subtle effect in Lead playing): RPT 11, MIX 9.30, FILTER 12, GRIT 10, SPEED 8, DEPTH 8,30
    SMEAR 4 full segments, HIPASS off, RPTDYN off, TAPDIV dotted, BOOST 1.0, PRSIST on

Maybe some of it helps to bond:)

3. ThinPaperWings

ThinPaperWings Member

What style(s) do you play and what are you trying to achieve with your delay tones? (I.E. what are your tastes when it comes to delay.)

Also any other delays you've previously used that did sit right in the mix for you?

Most of the delay machines on the Timeline (except Lo-Fi) have a 'softer' feel than Boss delays which some don't like. They also have a neutral character overall, to me the hardware is pretty transparent (unlike some other delays which affect the dry and/or delay tone with preamp stuff, a la Korg SDD-3000, EP-3, Maxon AD-900).

Generally a bit of boost (around 1.0 db) and modest hi-pass filtering are good ways to tweak Timeline sounds.

gollumsluvslave likes this.