Gold Supporting Member
That would be me. Though I've sold all three of my Godins in the
past year, I really did like all of them. Had a LGX-T, Jazz Multiac,
and a Nylon Multiac ACS. Never played the Nylon, the jazz was
nice but with only the single front pup wasn't really what I
needed for what I was playing, and the LGX-T... well, I got a
great deal on a Brian Moore C90p.13, so that axe was getting
all the rock attention, and I got a super nice Gadow Custom
Hollow 13-pin axe for semi-hollow stuff.

But, I'm still a big fan of Godins and could certainly see myself
picking another one up sometime.

--Tom

The Eristic

I don't have any SA models yet, but I will. I currently own an LG-SP90, a Radiator, and a Glissentar. Looking at a second Radiator, too.

LGXT here in transparent red...

I replaced the neck pickup with a Suhr DSV Bridge (yes bridge) and the bridge pickup with a Voodoo '59 bridge. The neck is as jazzy as can be - the bridge is twangy with a lot of pop. The 2 & 4 positions on the selector are wired to split the two pickups - the 3 (middle) position combines the neck and the bridge split coils into one big humbucker.

Occasionally I play through the VG-88 but most of the time it is my jazz axe. It plays great, the neck is perfect, and the tremolo is extremely stable.

PierreL

Silver Supporting Member
Got a LGX-SA. Great guitar, it has a Duncan Jazz in the neck position and a DUncan Custom Custom in the bridge position. Very versatile, smooth neck. I haven't been using the synth output for some time now, but it was working flawlessly, and the piezo sounds are coll , if not very natural.

zzzezums

Gold Supporting Member
LGSP90 for me as well. Nice guitar at a great price point, but it's my 3rd (of 3) in terms of playing time behind my Reverend Commando GT and '62 Reissue Tele.

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
My lone Godin is a Glissentar. I wanted one for several years, and finally got one. Incredible instrument.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
i was really expecting to find more godin threads/discussion around here. i have my eye on the velocity right now. any input?

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
I recently picked up a Godin LGXT that I'm using with a Roland GI-20 GK-MIDI Interface and the Sibelius G7 Guitar Tab Notation software to do transcriptions. I think the guitar tracks well and it's a comfortable instrument to play. I've tinkered with it as a controller for soft synths and it worked great.

FVB

Nebula

5th avenue with a Lollar P90 at the neck
Radiator
SD

I love the 5th Ave & the Radiator. The SD gets played every once in a while, but the I play the other two all the time.

guitar5

My first guitar was an SD figured top. That thing played like butter and had a decent sound to it.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
am i imagining this or did i really fall in love with an 11-string nylon fretless electric years ago? i've never seen one since.

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
what are their necks like? they *look* like a pretty comfortable guitar.
The neck on my LGXT is mahogany with a ebony fingerboard, 16" radius, 25 1/2" Scale, Tusq nut, and 1 11/16" nut width. It feels somewhere between a Les Paul '59 profile and a 60's slim taper. The back of the neck is unfinished, and feels very smooth and comfortable. It has locking tuners which work well. The fretwork is pretty good. When I received mine the action was pretty high, which was quickly resolved with a truss rod adjustment and a little additional tweaking.

FVB

Last edited:

Trending Topics