• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Godin kingpin 2

ukslinger

The p-90 version seems like a killer guitar. I just wonder if it can handle rock and heavier blues

I think a solid body p-90 like a LP special or SG would be better but I've always liked trying new things and pushing boundaries a tad. Most demos feature clean jazz type stuff. Love to hear from anyone that might have jammed the godin or similar instrument in a rock environment

Dale

It was a great guitar to me for blues and classic rock save the small fret wire. It was the deal breaker for me.

ukslinger

I keep reading about the frets so it's an issue for a lot of players

I'd use regulars 10s so maybe that might offset things a bit

MattC

Silver Supporting Member
If I can ever find one locally for a great deal, I'll give it a try. No way I'd buy one new b/c of the resale factor.

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
Wondering the same. I've been eyeing one for some time, but I can't try it out anywhere.

PTO

I had one for a few years and it was a great guitar (as was the Godin Progression I had). The fret wire would not be my preference but honestly it took only a minute to acclimate after playing something else. I used 12s as well.

In the end it was the P90s I didn't love as much and wished I had the Conposer HB model because I pretty much only played the neck pup anyway.

But I also sold it while paring down my gear. The guitar itself was great, and to answer the original question, took crunch nicely (though I never played it at a really high volume).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom