Godlyke Powerall Question...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by doomy3, Feb 24, 2006.

1. doomy3

doomy3 Member

I am thinking about picking one of these up as a power supply for a smaller board that I have (a 2nd board) that doesn't have room for a large power supply. Here is what is on the board that would need power:

Fulltone Clyde standard wah
    A/B Loooper
    TU-2 Tuner
    ZVex Fuzz Factory
    Lovepedal Buffer

My Question is, will this thing do the job? Seems like a pretty cool deal for $40, and it claims to be able to power up to 20 effects when plugged in. Is this a good product, or is there something else I should be looking into? Like I said, space is an issue, and it is a pedaltrain jr. board, so I can't really mount a larger power supply underneath.

2. Ganderson

Ganderson Member

Add each pedals current draw (*** mAh) and if you come up with under 1700 mAh (1.7 Amps) you should be fine.

Obviously, if there is no AC tap (tip negative) on any of the pedals, you will need to use the battery clip adapter.

3. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

Mine works great.

Currently powering: Samson wireless, Blue Boy, Timmy, Digidelay, RC Booster. I've powered as many as 8 pedals without an issue although at times, if I power pedals that are in front of the amp and in the FX loop I get some noise.

4. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I used a One Spot for a couple of months before I got a Pedal Power 2 was pleased. I am sure the One Spot and Godlyke are similar. A plus with the One spot is that while you have to buy the daisy chain separately, the plugs are right angled.

5. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I'm running one on my board without any problems. I'd recomend that.

6. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

I ended up buying the One Spot right angle kit to use with my Godlyke.

7. doomy3

doomy3 Member

Which one is better-the One Spot or the Godlyke?

8. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

Get the One Spot... My Godlyke died aftter a few months:mad:

9. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

In my neck of the woods, no one carries the Godlyke. If the One spot had died on me, I could run to a few choice stores here and get the One spot in a pinch.

Nick

10. doomy3

doomy3 Member

But the Godlyke and the One Spot really are equal right? One isn't better than the other?

11. ned911

ned911 Member

I use a Godlyke power all for the following:
    Vox Wah, Strobo Stomp, OD808, Silver LTD, GE-7, OCD, Line6 MM-4 and a Boss DD-3.

No problems at all. Highly recommend.

12. stephenyi

stephenyi Member

Me too. I liked the the One Spot daisy chain (right angle) better than the Godlyke (straight). I think the Godlyke had more power than previous versions of the One Spot but I've heard the latest One Spot is now equal in power to the Godlyke.

13. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

My Godlyke powers a Morley Wah, Shannon Uniphase, Barber DD, BJFE EGDM, Line 6 DL4 and others give or take with no problems, as stated above staying under 1.7 amps you're golden, mine has worked great for about 3 years strong.

14. Jet Rink

Jet Rink Member

I've got the Godlyke. It's a funny thing - some of the pedals work perfectly with it and others - a Fulltone Souldriver and a Teese wah become transistor radios. Also, I struggle with the reach/length of it, depending on my ever-changing layout.

No problems with it structurally.

I've been seriously considering something more extensive. meanwhile, I'm going almost all 9v and unplug everything each time during rehearsals (drag).

Jet

15. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

For the rig in my sig (which seems pretty big. you dig?), I use the godlyke, except for the tonebone. Powers everything great with little, and I mean very little, noise. I do get a tiny bit more noise with my dd-20 when it's in the signal, but seriously, in a live setting, noone notices. I don't even notice.

Just being brutally honest, it's a great power supply, specially for the price. I love my godlyke, have had it for a year.

16. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Member

I've got a Thomas Organ Co. crybaby from the mid-70s. It has no AC adapter - will the Godlyke still power that through the battery clip adapter?

What exactly is a "battery clip adapter?"

17. Ganderson

Ganderson Member

One of these will do the trick.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=331506

Routing the clip into the battery compartment might be a little tricky but shoud be do-able.

18. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

I have the One Spot for my practice board. I'd picked one up for a friend and thought I'd try one. Mine is one of the new ones. Don't know if there is a difference in power. Anyway...I've had it for about a month and haver used it quite a bit. I've been pleasantly surprised. I've had no trouble at all with it. I've had it powering as many as 6 pedals at a time.

jeffhef

19. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Member

I use the One Spot with no problems.

20. dmhflip

dmhflip Member

I've used the godlyke for a couple years now without any problems. I've even used it to power up to about 7 or 8 pedals at a time. I love the included adapters too.