1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going rate for a BBOD?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Davy Jones, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Member

I know of one for sale privately...well not for sale, but the owner might sell it. What is the current market rate for them? Thanks.

2. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

THere's no chance they're the least popular BJF pedal.. They're not the flavor of the month on the TGP on the internet now. That's the way I'd word it. They're not the flavor of the month on the Musictoyz forum ANY MORE as they're no longer made. That's all folks

Eric

3. dbx

dbx Member

I don't know if TGP is the best indicator of market trends...we saw a used one go yesterday for the insanely low price of $125..but condition and market will bear it out...being that it is OOP due to parts obsolesence, it won't be possible to clone it...(exactly...;) )

4. basscracker

basscracker Guest

Number of BJFE pedals made to date:
    As of 1/25/04 4/25/04 7/10/04 10/12/05 12/23/05

BBOD 388 units 406 415 460 469
    DRD 200 units 221 267 270
    HB 22 units 35 49 115 143
    PPF 91 units 93 115 118
    SBEQ 2 76 91

LGW 23 units 35 38 84 91
    EGD 25 units 47 78 86
    BPB 73 units 85 *
    PGC 34 units 36 40 63 71
    RRB 19 units 25 56 64
    CAF 26 units 31 42 43
    SYT 37 units 39*
    MGMV 19 units 22 36
    3 BOD 19 units 21 25 31 34
    LRT 19 units* -

995 units 1056 1147

* Out of production for now

5. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

I Bought 250.00, I'll sell it to you in 5-8 years for 800.00 !

Really I just want to check it out.

Also the one that sold yesterday was suspect as far as conditon with a million people begging for it.

6. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I just bought one Sunday off of a fellow GPer for $240. I didn't think anyone would part with one, so I think I got a good deal. Then I saw the one yesterday.:jo
    I'm still happy with my deal though. Sounds like a more realistic price.

7. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

Right the BBOD is the most numerous of any BJFE,

its also probably the least talked about too (tho not least popular)

I still think its the best light touch sensitive drive with a strat....

what I keep forgetting is how good t he distortion is with the drive knob above 3 oclock - usually when I want distortion I go for the Dyna Red , but the BBOD is a great dist too....

however it is the one bjf drive that doesnt like to be stacked into (except the Honey Bee goes nicely in front of it...) it can get a bit ugly, but thats a useful sound too:D

but yes its retired now at 500 units and this was known at the beggining - it has a specific sound which takes specific parts and those have been used up.....

but theres still the DRD,LGW,PPF,EGDM,HB to cover drive duties...

Do you think there is still room in his line for a light to medium drive ?

8. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Member

If it means actually being able to get my hands on one, then yes:rotflmao

9. cbpickin

This is all in the first couple hours of the honeymoon phase, but...

I just rec'd mine from another GPer today and my initial impression is that it is bumping the Eternity from my board and going to the gigs this weekend. I REALLY like this type of od. It has a nice, smooth grain to it, but with a little more sparkle and clarity on the top end than the E. I played them side by side for quite a while tonight. They are different animals, but I think I prefer the BBOD. I still like the E, but the BBOD has some real nice crunchy gain higher up on the drive range that the E doesn't have. And, the sustain of the BBOD is very comparable with the E. It can really sing.
    Man, BJF needs to keep a pedal like this in the line.

10. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

11. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

12. cbpickin

DonneR!!! I guess I am thanking you. I was on the hunt for a LGW to go with my new BBOD, and I just emptied my Paypal account to get the one on the link you posted. After my experience with the BBOD today, I can't wait for the LGW.
    Ordering from CA, I didn't have to pay the tax, so it was a decent deal for me.:D
    Of course, earlier tonight I thought I was satisfied for a while.

13. dbx

dbx Member

Is this a new BJF dealer? Nice retail pricing...I think you might like the combo cbp...part of the fun is figuring out the stacking order! Glad to see you landed that BBOD...:cool:

14. cbpickin

I don't think they are a new dealer. I think these are used pedals as they were in their vintage pedals section.

I also picked up the Dyna Red, :eek: which is supposed to go very well with the BBOD. Thank goodness for the emporium to help recoup some expenses.;)

15. dbx

dbx Member

Nice...BBOD/DR/LGW...(he's hooked... ;) )

16. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

yeah I was just passing on the link, I dont know them -looked like a good chance for someone since many of them are back ordered.....and those looked lonely:AOK

cbp~ the BBOD into LGW is a favortie stack - you can turn the BBODs drive down to about 10 and use its light dynamic drive and slight compression like a preamp to make the LGW sing and the LGW will add more of a powertube crunch to the over all sound - and the EQs match up well - takes a little dialing to find it but worth it,,,,,

and the BBOD into the DRD is the original stack - they were made to compliment each other - and the DRD into the LGW is just big crunchy modded marshall fun.................

so with BBOD/DRD/LGW you should have the whole range of singing or crunchy Fender D*mble Marshall Soldano etc tones ---- of course the amp and speakers will dictate alot of that too.......enjoy:AOK

17. cbpickin

DonneR. Thanks again. I talked with Maverick's this am, and evidently these pedals are like new and have only seen home use a few times. The owner was considering the BJFE line and he says all the pedals are mint. I had to really restrain myself from getting the HB as well. I figure I am pretty well covered with the three I will have.
    Still a mint HB and PPF available!
    So it took me 8 months of TGP, and 1 hour with the BBOD to become a BJFE addict!:p

18. dbx

dbx Member

...emporium fueled GAS...augggghgg... :D

19. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

HA yeah it doesnt take long, and the good news is if the BBODs EQ matches your amp/ear then the rest will fall in to place easily.....

20. bigroy

bigroy Member

I got my BBOD on a trade two weeks or so ago. I play my first gig with it this Saturday, and I can't wait. It works great with my Hayseed 30.