• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Going to see Pete Anderson!

BJW

Heading out the door to see Pete play tonight at a small club!Pretty jazzed to say the least as he is one of my favorites.Off we go:rockin

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Loved him with Dwight.
I didn't know he was doing a solo thing. I'll have to see if he's playing near me.

BJW

Great show!He's doing a midwest tour so if you get a chance see him.Played a small club and was great, although I'm biased since he is one of my go to guys.Played great, band was a groove machine and Pete seemed to be having a ball.Talked to him before and after, couldn't have been nicer.Played through a Pod pumped through the pa and still sounded great.Makes me wanna re-evaluate wanting this and that when it comes to gear!

straightblues

I met Pete at the LA Amp show a few weeks back. I had no idea how famous he was. We hung out, talked and played a bit for more than an hour. He was a very nice humble guy. That guy can tell a story. He started on his time with Willie Neslon and Buck Owens and didn't stop.

Pete is having an amp built by RedPlate right now. He uses an old Silvertone 1482 as his main recording amp. RedPlate is voicing a channel in his new amp to sound just like the 1482.

Pete was on the panel discussion of players and he said he frequently uses the POD in live situations where he can't bring his amp. Others on the panel said no way, but Pete was insistent. He said he could make anything sound good.

Pete had the guitar he used in this video with him. It had flatwound strings and a shorter scale neck. He made it sound really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyn-ssmxi0Y&feature=related

Last edited:

27sauce

Here's a pic my wife took about six months ago.
She said the 1482 was for his harp and the POD was run through the 1X12 cabs

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I saw him Thursday night with about 20 other people.

Great stuff. Played two Reverends, one for slide and his sig model.

His sig model seemed to have different pups though--not the P-90s they come with. We met him afterward and he was gracious and funny.

marktweedy

In Transit®
One of my favourites too. Very talented guy.

I recall reading somewhere that he had spoken to Dwight Yoakam in years. What led to their parting of the ways? He both produced and played with Yoakam right from the beginning.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
One of my favourites too. Very talented guy.

I recall reading somewhere that he had spoken to Dwight Yoakam in years. What led to their parting of the ways? He both produced and played with Yoakam right from the beginning.

Dwight decided to pull the plug on a tour at the last minute and left Pete high and dry. So Pete sued him.

2004, I believe.

roadscholar

Love Pete's playing, one of my all-time faves.
I'm a huge Dwight Yoakam fan....love everything he's ever done. But I have a close friend who's bass player has toured with Dwight, and it seems that he's not a very nice guy to work for.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
Fwiw...Pete played ZERO country chops in the show I just saw.

It was all blues.

I've noticed that country guys can play blues, but blues guys can't play country. Just sayin'.

27sauce

Fwiw...Pete played ZERO country chops in the show I just saw.

It was all blues.

I've noticed that country guys can play blues, but blues guys can't play country. Just sayin'.
Pete is a blues guy that made a pretty good living playing country for 30+ years;)

straightblues

I am a blues guy. I am currently working on classic country and chicken picken stuff right now. It is a learning experience. I would agree with your observation.

Trending Topics