Going to see Uli Jon Roth tonight. What do expect?

Jchrisf

Nothing suggests he is with anyone else that I have seen on my tickets. I think I am on the second row. Will it be really loud?

Jchrisf

LOL.. I just looked up Andy Timmons site and he will be there too. There is a whole thread on this here I just didn't put it together because they haven't mentioned Timmons or Batton at all in the promotions here. Pleasant surprise. Definitely bringing ear buds.

Gitarman

Color me jealous! I'll be playing with my cover band just around the corner at Grill's on US1 tonight, otherwise I'd be right there with you.

FYI, from the King Ctr website:
http://www.kingcenter.com/schedule-...-roth-presents-the-ultimate-guitar-experience
Teaming up with Jennifer Batten and Andy Timmons, Uli Jon Roth presents an exciting new concept on stage: The Ultimate Guitar Experience
FWIW, I've seen and played several shows on that stage and would expect it to be LOUD in the 2nd row (not my pic):

Jchrisf

I was there last week to see Robin Trower. Was in the balcony and it was loud. Don't know how we got seats so close for this one but maybe there is not going to be a big crowd. Robin only filled the bottom section and two rows of the balcony but there were a lot of empty seats in those areas.

I was at Grills two or three weeks ago and there was a band there on a Saturday night. Had a guitarist with a shaved head.. that wasn't you was it?

Yer Blues

I think it is in the smaller Studio Theatre that seats only 250 or so people, not the bigger theatre. I haven't been to the smaller theatre, yet.... Is there even a smaller theatre there?

Jchrisf

I think it is in the smaller Studio Theatre that seats only 250 or so people, not the bigger theatre. I haven't been to the smaller theatre, yet.... Is there even a smaller theatre there?
Not that I know of.. it's a shame these guys can't pack the crowds they use to pack.

Gitarman

Oh, didn't realize that. That's a cool room (at least it used to be). Very intimate!

I was at Grills two or three weeks ago and there was a band there on a Saturday night. Had a guitarist with a shaved head.. that wasn't you was it?
Nope, we were last there 4 weeks ago (3/12). Besides, I'm one hairy MoFo :p

Bobby D

it's gonna be COOL - and Uli's bass player is an old friend - Elliot Rubinson, the owner of Dean Guitars and the former owner of Thoroughbred Music - he's a pretty formidable bassist! I am completely envious of his life - not only did he run several successful music stores, but bought the Dean Guitars brand and brought it back from the dead to be one of the most successful companies in the biz, and now he gigs and tours professionally because he can....

Jchrisf

Found it.. looks like it will be a good show :)
WOW!!! What a great show... I'll comment more when at my computer but does anyone know the name of this song? If you're wondering why the sound quality is so good it is because I was eight feet from a ten foot stack of PA speakers. Don't know how I keep it so still.

Trending Topics