• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Going to try my hand at a Partscaster build

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
How thin is that? The numbers on the website suggest it's nowhere near as deep as an American Standard/pro strat or similar, which seems pretty damn thin to me.

Their choice of 10-16" for their standard radius seems very flat.

I really wish Warmouth would offer a straight-up copy of the American pro neck.
It is very close to my Suhr even C slim. My BC Mockingbird has a BIG 59' style C neck. I like big necks on shorter scale guitars and thinner on the F scale 25.5"

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
So, I'm not digging the YJM pups. Here is my challenge: yes, they sound great through a gained up plexi circuit or 2204 circuit. But, the clean tones are too dull....me no likey.... When i use my Germanium fuzz, i dont get the Hendrix type tones i want from the neck pup...Bummer... I may leave the bridge YJM, but the the middle and neck are going for sure....

Reactions: Roe

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
So, I'm not digging the YJM pups. Here is my challenge: yes, they sound great through a gained up plexi circuit or 2204 circuit. But, the clean tones are too dull....me no likey.... When i use my Germanium fuzz, i dont get the Hendrix type tones i want from the neck pup...Bummer... I may leave the bridge YJM, but the the middle and neck are going for sure....
Recommend some single coils you like... Doesn't have to be noiseless...

jbinco

Silver Supporting Member
There’s something very Hendrix like from the pickups that came in the 56 US Am Vintage Strats from a couple years ago, especially the neck and middle positions.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
I picked up a loaded pickgaurd from our very own Mark Kane. Should arrive early next week. Its loaded with Fender Robert Cray neck, middle, and a Suhr ML in the bridge. I think this set should be closer to what I was looking for....

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Cool guitar! What are the unlabeled boxes on the pedal board?
The purple one is a Germanium fuzzface I built myself.
The off white one is a custom Ramm Drive deluxe. #4 of 25 built. It is TS808 in structure, but has a 6 way selector for different types of components for different feel and type of clipping. It has an "enhance" button that works as an additional gain boost. Awesome pedal that works really well with vintage type Marshall or AC30 type amps

grooveht

The purple one is a Germanium fuzzface I built myself.
The off white one is a custom Ramm Drive deluxe. #4 of 25 built. It is TS808 in structure, but has a 6 way selector for different types of components for different feel and type of clipping. It has an "enhance" button that works as an additional gain boost. Awesome pedal that works really well with vintage type Marshall or AC30 type amps

Cool, thanks!

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Its interesting that the guitar has settled a bit. At first it wouldn't stay in tune and seemed to go flat and sharp rather easily. Now, it is very stable and stays in tune rather well for 6 point trem. The other thing I noticed is the resonance. I play chords on it and it rings on and on. This doesn't always happen with parts-casters or with very high end guitars. I've owned some very nice guitars that were punky and did not ring out at all and i had to sell them. this one has turned out to be a great experiment. I will take it to a luthier next year for a proper set up, but for now, i am having a blast playing it a learning the Rainbow tunes of my youth....

Fenderbaum

Partcasters are the best. Especially with Warmouth.
You can make it excactly after your needs and specs.
I don't own a Tele yet so that will be my next build.
Custom Shop Strat? No thank you..

And.. You learn so so much too. I spent hours and hours online researching for building them.

Trending Topics