Gold Lion KT77s - are they really worth this much?

stump

I have a quad from 1963 with the original receipt for $22.00. I've played them in my TSL and they sounded incredible. I can't bring myself to keep tubes in
the amp that are worth more than the amp itself. I suppose I could buy a lot of Mullards if I choose to sell mine. I don't feel that any tube is worth that kind of dough.

IPlayHamers

Thats a lot of money for a quad of tubes, but I could see someone like myself who does alot of studio work, production and composing investing in them. I'm sure in the right amp they will sound amazing.

I need a loan.....anybody????

RvChevron

Not sure about kt77's but all Gold Lion KT66's are just relabelled Genelax's, way way way over priced!!!

phoebus

I always tried to keep a pair of Gold Lion KT77's around for whatever EL34 amp I was playing. They are worth it. Most recently I was using them in a Komet 60. To my ears they are the best sounding EL34 out there. The added benefit is that they are military grade and can take a serious beating. The last pair I had I used alot and when I took them out of the amp I was selling I tested them and they were still almost 100%. I am curious about the new ones coming out.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom