Golden 50's: '51 Custom Shop telecaster in dirty blonde/gold - wow

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by paulscape, Jan 30, 2015.

1. paulscape

paulscape Member

It's really not a time I should be buying a guitar...the neck is like a baseball bat, which actually I have come to love recently with a Gibson R7 being my main guitar last few years... it's a color combo I would have hated in my thrash punk youth but now seem to perversely fantasize about, it's a heavy relic....it has gold hardware...i usually dislike gold hardware.....but.....................

It plays amazing.

I want it.

This is TGP.

You understand.

I'm gonna have to see what guitars and amps I can trade to possibly get this thing......... anyone else have a golden 50's? Please lock me up or convince me.

Have I been playing Van Halen and Dark Souls for too long?

Has it been too many weeks away from TGP?

I gave up smoking 2 months ago. I deserve this don't I? HAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. John Lavelle

John Lavelle Member

WOWZA!! I dig it. I agree that there is no logic that says it's a beauty, but that is incredible. If I had ample gear to sell, in order to get that I would!! Thanks for sharing...
    And BTW, congrats on quitting smoking! I did it 20 years ago, though I feel for those who do smoke as their rights have been trampled on..Oops, going in the wrong direction...
    Love that Tele Paulscape!!!

3. paulscape

paulscape Member

Thanks John, I picked it up originally off the shelf because it was different and I sometimes like to check out the 'feel' of a relic. Playing it blew me away within moments...I fell in love with the neck, action and tone. Either naturally or because it played well, I started really digging the aesthetics...It's expensive so I'd have to trade a fair bit of kit without having to fork over cash but it could be a good time to consolidate a bunch of guitars and amps I don't use so often. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway ha!

4. John Lavelle

John Lavelle Member

I suggest you continue to "sell" yourself on why it needs to be yours. The neck size has piqued my interest. I played a friends partscaster tele with a HUGE neck....at first was difficult but still felt good! If it works out, PLEASE share pics and maybe some audio! TGIF my friend! And I cannot get the visual out of my head. Love the gold and relic!!

5. jklotz

jklotz Supporting Member

Yea, I was eyeing those. Haven't seen one in person, but the pics sure look tasty. I'm with you on the gold hardware thing - not sure why, but it works on that one.