1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

FS Golden Age GAP Pre73 w/ full ZenPro mods and rack kit

Discussion in 'Recording, Pro Audio & Rack Gear Emporium' started by Crowder, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

This is a Pre73 MkII that I personally sent to ZenPro in 2017 to have their full mod kit installed.

The cost of the full mod package is $350 plus shipping. It is an extensive reworking of the Pre73 with all caps and trannies replaced. It features Carnhill transformers as noted on the case sticker. As close to a Neve pre as you can get on a working musician's budget!

Read all about it here:
    https://www.zenproaudio.com/golden-age-project-pre73-mail-in-mod

This unit really sounds amazing as a DI or front end for any mic. TONS of gain available, but also dead quiet. This is the one you want for vibe. Vocals, bass, synths, etc. It all sounds better after passing through this pre!

The rack kit is usually extra, but I'll include it with this sale. Condition is excellent with a small paint scratch on the top of the case. The paint on these isn't super durable, but I've kept this in my rack since I've owned it so it is very clean.

$420 shipped/PayPal'd CONUS only please.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019 at 4:44 PM