1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gonna collect Skreddy pedals. What should I get next?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Zero G, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Zero G

Zero G Member

Decided I eventually want to collect them all. My first will be the Ernie which should be in my hands in the next month or so. What's a good 'next' pedal? I was thinking that the Lunar Module might complement the Ernie well, or possibly a Top Fuel. What say ye?

2. dancehall

dancehall Member

good question man. They all look so cool! I don't have any but if I could get two they'd be the Echo and the Lunar Module.

3. pen15

pen15 Member

paging Whoismarykelly...

4. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Its a good hunt. If you want them all I wouldn't worry much about which one you get next. I would just seek out the good deals and be prepared to spend a decent amount of money on some of the rarer ones. Getting the ones that are available now is a very good bet though since you can get them before they have a chance to disappear. I doubt they will but you never know. Three or four years ago no one ever thought you wouldn't be able to get a Mayo for a reasonable price. The LM is a great pedal and quite different from the Ernie. I would also snap up a Screwdriver Deluxe. Its an indispensible pedal that is more versatile than anything else I have ever played. Having the trims up top is extremely useful too. Ultimately, youll probably just end up buying what you can get when you can get it. I didn't see a ? Lady for ages and then a guy who said I had dibs on his ages ago contacted me and I had one in a week. There are some where only 30 or so are out there and others where there are a few hundred. How fast you get them just depends on your budget. I imagine that if you can spend up to $350 or $400 per pedal you could have nearly all of them in a few weeks. I would wait for better deals than that or trade things you have for them though. I got into most of the ones I have from Marc or friends and only bought one for the currently inflated prices. I think they are all worth it though. Great pedals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

You can't go wrong with any pedal Marc builds, he has a great ear for tone and his pedals are exactly as described on his website and top notch customer service to boot.

I have owned the Mayo, Screwdriver, Top Fuel, all killer pedals.

Currently kept and have, the Pink Flesh and Lunar Module on my pedalboard.

Would love to try out a Ernie, Zero or Lady sometime.

:)
    JK

6. zaraflux

zaraflux Member

Anyone know where to get those knobs?

7. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

I'd head for a Mayo or Pink Flesh next... get the hardest to find out of the way. I just sold my Pink Flesh to a fellow forum member who wants to do the same thing as you and have a full Skreddy collection. In my collection at the moment are the Mayo, Cognitive Dissonance MkII, Echo and Screwdriver Deluxe (in the mail, on it's way to me right now!). In the past, I've also owned 3 Mayo's (2 years ago, before they were rare!) and 2 Screwdrivers. I'd love to try a Lunar Module, infact, I may have to put a deposit down on one in a couple a' days.
    The holy grail of all things Skreddy would be if you could find a Mayonnaise pedal!...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That'd be pretty damn cool.

8. Turiguiliano

Turiguiliano Member

damn. they all look so good.

9. Turiguiliano

Turiguiliano Member

what's the difference of the mayo and the mayonaise in terms of sound/tone?

10. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I'd go for a Screwdriver next to compliment the Ernie.

11. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

EXACTLY my thoughts -- the Screwdriver is a great pedal!

be careful.....those skreddy's are like pedal crack :drool

12. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Cant tell you exactly but the Mayonnaise is an EXACT triangle clone while the Mayo is meant to be the Siamese Dream Smashing Pumpkins tone. One is cloning a pedal and the other is cloning a sound.

13. zestystrat

zestystrat Member

smogfalls - can you talk about the Cognitive Dissonance MkII a little bit?

I have seen some info out there but nothing official. Fair to say this is a triangle knob clone?

14. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

might as well get the top fuel now, before the price jumps due to it being retired.

15. Turiguiliano

Turiguiliano Member

thanks!

16. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

I have a few myself too.. currently the Zero, Mayo and Lunar module are on the board, with the Top Fuel off-board knocked by the Zero currently.

17. pulse.

pulse. Silver Supporting Member

My little collection so far, I'm deffinetely gonna get some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

I was one of the first to be on the Cog. dis. list and when the email came saying it was ready I declined cuz I just got an AxeFX the week prior.:facepalm

19. matchless

matchless Silver Supporting Member

I enjoy my Cog. Dis II- not a sound clone pedal such as the Mayo.the Cog is an aggressive,fat muff style fuzz with a more "off the hook" sound than the more restrained Mayo.I think it sounds more like my '70's rams head with a bit more attitude.

20. playthecray

playthecray Member

I have a Screwdriver deluxe coming to me in roughly 5 months from Marc. It will be my first Skreddy pedal. I may pursue a Pig Mine as well.