Good Acoustic Electric guitar under a thousand bucks

AcousticDude

I bought a wonderful used Taylor 410CE for about that price and still have it today. It was a great investment.

tamader74

New verus Used ?, Country of Origin matter ?, Straight acoustic or on-board(barn door) Electronics needed ? etc. These things matter in a acoustic question, as well as size. Imho, new A/E you would be hard, hard pressed to find better than a Yamaha LLX16 with the A.R.T. system electronics, this model is MIC made,and @ $1000. you could go to the LLX26 MIJ made (same thing really) $2500., these are Jumbo's. Then you have at the other end of size say a Blueridge BR-143, mahogany, not rosewood, but, a rosewood fretboard, not ebony as the Yamaha has, no case as opposed to a soft sided HSC. for under $600.and no elect., To a Dread. Martin D-16GT, again, no electronics But, USA made, solid wood (mahogany back and sides) Solid top,...But, a Richlite Fretboard, again, around $1050. I think you may have not recieved alot of feedback from the Formites that visit this section often, due to the wide-openess of your question. Figure out what YOU WANT for an acoustic for YOU and re-post your question, and I will tell you, you'll get some opinions now. Tom

Last edited:

stuco

Larrivee 03 Series, Epiphone Masterbilt, Breedlove Atlas, Old Guild d40 and put a pickup in it. There are a lot of options. My advice is to get the absolute best acoustic you can and then worry about amplifying it later if it doesn't have a pickup already.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom