Good amp to run in stero with orange tiny terror?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by petermcaf, Feb 23, 2009.

1. petermcaf

petermcaf Member

hey guys. this is my first post on this forum.

i have an orange tiny terror with two 1X12 orange cabs each with vintage 30's. I am looking for an amp to go in stereo with it, mostly for clean delays and such. it will manly be set on a clean tone and needs to be able to handle a few pedals. i also will put an overdrive on it once and a while. Diamond MK-3 and Voodoo Lab's Sparkle Drive. are the drives that i would be using on it.

i am looking at a few options but open to anything. head or combo amp is all right. spend up to $1200 no more. Thanks.

2. VanR

VanR Senior Member

I can't help too much as I too own a TT and 2 1-12 Orange cabs. I'm also looking for a clean amp to run in stereo with the TT. I'm almost considering something like a Bassman in fact.

3. PremiumPlus

PremiumPlus Member

Can't go wrong with a nice Deluxe Reverb.

4. 68_Custom Shop

68_Custom Shop Member

I've been using a Blues Deluxe to do this very thing.I love Fender clean!! You can get a new one for about $700,used $400. IMO- This will definitely do the trick,,,does for me!

5. sbreide

sbreide Member

DRRI or AC-15... I'm interested in doing the same thing someday.

6. 68_Custom Shop

68_Custom Shop Member

A AC-15 would work well,,,but I have a AC-30 and they both run el-84's and have a very similar tasting tone.The Fender 6l6 tone is different and gives more dept IMO.I've tried both , and the Fender won in this test.A Blues JR. might be a good option also!?!

7. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

I run my TT alongside either a Winfield Cyclone (AC15 clone) or a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia. All of these are EL84 amps and each is 15- 18 watts, but they're very different from one another. I run each through a 112. You could also try a different speaker in one of your 112's to add more variety.