Good Balanced 12" speaker for closed back combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by windwalke9649, Feb 20, 2012.

1. windwalke9649

windwalke9649 Member

I need varied opinion on a, replacement for the stock Celestion G12H-30 they put in the Egnater Tweaker 15 combo. I like the speaker; but not as a single inBBS combo, especially a closed back.
    I got a new EJ Legend from Eminence, they sent it a demo, and it landed in my cabinet. Its an extremely balanced speaker, and would work well in the Tweaker conbo, but it sounds too good to new be relegated to being the speaker for just 1 amp, & definitey notthe tweaker.
    Anyways I'm not looking at spending that kind of $ for a replacement, tops $130. Something that works well throughout the spectrum. I don't expect something to sound like the EJ for what I'm spending. Any ideas? I was thinking of goibg british, but with a more even sound, like a Govenor. The amps only 15 watts, I don't want another 25-30 watt, I want more articulation, but the ability to get some compression. With the closed combo cab, I figure 60-75 watts. Something with cut, but not harsh, and bass, but not flab.

Appriciate any speaker ideas.

2. IceTre

IceTre Supporting Member

Celestion Vintage 30 is 60W, pretty balanced frequency response. $100.

3. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

A Weber Blue Dog Ceramic might do the trick. They have them in several wattage ranges and are in your price range. I have one and it sounds very clear, articulate and tight. It is bright but not fizzy or overwhelming, and is pretty balanced (doesn't accentuate on frequency too much).