GOOD beater guitar?

tommygunn1986

Looking for an acoustic guitar that can take some punishment. Beach, camping, hard playing, temp change, etc.

I know laminate guitars are generally better for this cause you don't have to worry about the body warping, cracking, etc.

Any laminate guitars that sound really decent? I have a Yamaha F325 right now that I use for this but it just sounds really stale and lifeless.

frquent flyer

I was going to suggest a Yamaha,but that guitar has been covered; They wear like iron.Look for an Alvarez-yari: mid 80's.

tommygunn1986

I was going to suggest a Yamaha,but that guitar has been covered; They wear like iron.Look for an Alvarez-yari: mid 80's.
I'm not saying I don't like Yamahas. I would definitely consider another model. I used to have a 12-string and it sounded just beautiful. It had a solid spruce top though.

HeeHaw

If you don't mind some plastic and a weird sound, get yourself an ovation. With a good setup they are easy to play and will hang in just about all temperatures.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
And simple guitar that has survived more than 10-12 years should be a fine bet. Take $150 with you and your your local pawn shops. You will find something.

M

Member 37136

Ibanez's mahogany-topped AC240 sounds far better than any $300 guitar has a right to. Would be a great camper.

lamenlovinit

For even less than an ovation you can find an old applause. But yeah for the whole camping thing, an ovation or applause can't be beat.

Geordie

I would suggest the Seagull S6. Mine is a 1989 and it sounds great and has been left outside, thrown in the sand, spent days in a car sans case etc. Good full sound and decent fingerpicked. I picked mine up used for around 150 bucks I think.

royd

how about a carbon fiber guitar? significantly more money but pretty much impervious to everything...

slugworth

+1 to Bristol. They are made by the same company that makes Blueridge. Well made, sound great for what they cost, can take a beating, and cheap.

Trending Topics