1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Good boost to push my Bogner Shiva (20th) to 11

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SyKrash, May 18, 2011.

1. SyKrash

SyKrash Member

Hey Shiva owners, as we all know the shiva dirty channel can be pretty picky when it comes to boost/overdrive units. Alot just drop the bass out completely, are add this unmusical midrange.

Traditionally, I like setting my shiva to around plexi crunch (think Ac/DC) around 12:30-1:00 on the gain. There are times when I need that extra gain, and instead of having to constantly tweak the gain knob and dial back the volume knob I'm hoping there is a good boost pedal/gain pedal out there that can get it to "heavy" territory

The amp can get there on it's own, but alot of gigs I do (Alot of solo pop artists) I'll need something crunchy and something really heavy (think dual rectifier, modern rock) all within the same song.

Any suggestions?

I've tried: BB preamp, Timmy, AC Booster

2. nickyjoe

nickyjoe Member

Hermida Dual Boost. Very clean...

3. SyKrash

SyKrash Member

Any other suggestions?

4. small axe

small axe Member

analogman modded tubescreamer

5. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

Barber silver LTD works great with the Shiva, imo.

6. Classic09

Classic09 Member

Check out the Suhr Koko Boost. It's a supurb clean boost and selectable mid boost.