good BYOC wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MudPies, Feb 16, 2008.

1. MudPies

MudPies Member

what are a few good choices for a BYOC wah if you already have a Vox enclosure?

2. MudPies

MudPies Member

bump, google hasn't been much help unfortunately.

3. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

Exactly what are you asking? What type of DIY pedal would be best to try and build yourself?
    Such as the BYOC version?

4. MudPies

MudPies Member

yea, I guess i'm being vague, but that's because I don't know my options other than the company called Build Your Own Clone. I swear I remember seeing a thread where someone mentioned that there are a few other companies that sell kits to drop into a Vox style case, but I don't know if they were full on builds (ready to drop in) or if they were kits where you complete all connections.

long story short, i have a Vox wah that's dead right now and I want to know my options for replacement, either exact replicas or mod'd versions. I'm a bit ignorant about all this. Just trying to learn. Apologies for not being very specific.

5. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

BYOC:
    You buy the kit and you solder everything in, including components (Resistors, Caps, Transistor Sockets, wires, pots). Fully tweakable, and pretty good components.

Area 51:
    You can buy a full drop-in, where NO soldering is required. You simply unscrew all the jacks, switches, pot, and board, and drop-in the new one and screw it back in.
    Or, you can buy the board-only version where you solder the board into your existing wah casing and wiring.

Also, if your current wah is dead, you could resurrect it and mod that.

Or, Keith's (bandofthieves) suggestion above.

6. MudPies

MudPies Member

thanks.

I guess I assumed there was a good number of companies out there that sold Wah kits. We all know what happens when we assume.