Good case for a Suhr PT100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by tlester, Mar 2, 2015.

1. tlester

tlester Member

Hi all -

I pay out about once a week or so. I want to make sure I don't bash up my new PT100. It's also quite heavy (big transformers), which will make it more likely that I smash it into something. I've never owned a head case before, I've mostly played combos up until recently.

Is it best to use a live in case? Or one that you unload. Or one that it can stay in the bottom but the top is lifted off? Do they make them with wheels on one side or is that lame?

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.

2. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Hi, hope you are enjoying the amp!
    For local use, I just use the provided slip cover. When on tour, I use custom road cases, I think the ones I have now came from A&S Case in North Hollywood.

3. B Money

B Money Member

if you decide to get a road case, take my advice and get one with wheels and a retractable handle.
    I got a nice case for my Ecstasy and it's so heavy and unwieldy. Many times I wished I paid a little more and got some wheels on the case.

Better yet, just use the slip cover and be prepared to accept a few bumps and bruises.

4. Madgansound

Madgansound Member

Or look at this way - for the money you'll spend on a decent road case you could buy a replacement head shell from Suhr. SO, use a slip cover for a couple years and save the crazy weight and bulk that it adds. If your amp starts looking ratty down the line, just buy a new shell and swap it. I went this route with an OD100 I had years ago and when I eventually sold the amp it looked brand new again.

5. telewacker

telewacker Member

I've been using the padded slip cover for several years and nary a bump or scratch. Just be reasonably careful.

6. trailrun100s

trailrun100s Member

a slip cover is all you need. A road case would be total overkill and add weight, bulk, etc for load in/out.

7. Phil M

Phil M Member

Agree about the padded slip cover. Road case is not necessary for local 1x per week gigs.

8. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

DUDE - Studio Slips is your answer...

Get the padded gig bag.

I've got one for my Two Rock and it's the best thing since sliced bread. Light, fully enclosed (zippers) has a front pocket for cables and whatnot, three strap handles and a shoulder strap.

It cost me about $250/$300 and I had to wait about 3 weeks....but worth every penny.

Tell Sue Chris Kindler sent you. :)