• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Good, CHEAP, eq pedals?

laughingsam

is it verboten to ask about joyo/danelectro/etc on TGP?

i'm actually really liking my tone since modding my blues jr and expect my new jazz and jb pups to make a big difference once i get them installed, as well. but i think an eq pedal might be the finishing touch, which is why i want to get a cheap one to see if it's what i do actually want, before dropping bigger bucks on an upper-scale pedal.

fwiw, i play funky blues rock through a schecter csh1 via several pedals into the blues jr.

i was looking at the barbEQ as the top end of my budget, but it seems like those are better for single control amps, not ones with three channel eqs already.

am i just overthinking this? should i just be ok with the amp's eq offerings? i mean, i know i should, but this is TGP... :bonk

dave_mc

i've been meaning to pick up the joyo one but i haven't got round to it, yet

though i haven't really tried any other eqs so even if i did get one i'm not sure i could help you much

WienerDog

Silver Supporting Member
I have the Joyo 6-band EQ -- it's a great deal for the money. Noise is not bad at all. Has true bypass and light-up sliders, too!

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I have 2 Danelectro fish and chips EQs and they work great for me. I used to have a Boss GE-7 and like the danelectro better.

whackystrings

My advice is to get the MXR 10-band EQ and just eat the difference if you end up selling it. I regret selling mine because of the quality/control but I had changed amps and became happier with my tone so it no longer served a significant purpose. That is, until I realized after the fact that it would've been a great boost pedal to heat up the front end of my tube amp.

ekamal

Behringer EQ700 sounds pretty darn good, but alas, it doesn't have centre détente.

I'm currently enjoying the frequency selection on my Boss EQ-7B (old brown bass EQ unit).

laughingsam

thanks everybody! i think i'm going to start with the fish & chips, but the mxr is also interesting me....

and semi-hollowbody - i'm not sure exactly what the deal is, but even barber's site says "This EQ is magic with simple amplifiers that have only a volume or Volume and a single tone control." so that's what i based that comment on...

drolling

Another vote for BOSS GE-7. Mine's got the Tone-Jam 'Sniper' mod, which was a kit of small parts I had a buddy install. Made a HUGE difference in the pedal's performance

Thing's great now; Hangs in, right up there with my favorite booteek equalizers, a BJFe SBEQ and an Antelope FX Morning Dew

forum_crawler

I don't think there are "good cheap" EQ pedals. Both concepts seem to be mutually exclusive, however, if what you want is a good EQ pedal at a moderate price, then look at Boss and MXR for their offerings.

My personal suggestion would be an MXR 10 EQ. It isn't the cheapest out there, but you could add $100+ for something better in pedal form, or rack format.

Trending Topics