1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Good, cheap pancake ends w/ two solder contacts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 72Telecaster, Mar 5, 2015.

1. 72Telecaster

72Telecaster Silver Supporting Member

Putting together a PTJr. and thinking it's going to be a tight squeeze. I don't usually like working with pancake ends that you have to solder the ground to the case... are there good , affordable pancakes w/ two solder contacts?

2. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

3. 72Telecaster

PurpleJesus - yeah I've ordered a ton from Mammoth as well. Should have specified I'm looking for just the ends to solder my own cable lengths with.

4. Fishtale

Fishtale Supporting Member

I have had great luck with GLS Plugs from Orange County Speakers. They are very easy to work with.

5. 72Telecaster

Fishtale - do they have two contacts? I might just be thinking of the TRS that you have to solder to the case.

**edited - case closed - they do. GLS it is!

6. 0xeneye

0xeneye Supporting Member

OP: these have two contact points for soldering (as every TS plug in the world must have).

7. loocnmad

loocnmad Member

8. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

I'm just learning to solder and ended up buying some switchcraft Pancake plugs. They are the sturdiest I've found.

9. sj250

sj250 Member

They all have 2 points but not all have 2 lugs which is the major difference. Lots of people don't want to have to solder to the back plate so the GLS and Switchcraft 229 are a fantastic alternative that have 2 actual lugs to make soldering easy!:aok