Good clean amp to run stereo with a Diezel

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by markom89, Jul 10, 2006.

1. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

So, what would be a good clean amp to run stereo with a Diezel VH4 with rear loaded 4x12 Diezel cab with the Diezel custom speakers (eminence)??? Ive been looking along the lines of something like a komet, two rock opal, fuchs ODS 50 or 100, /13 stuff or 65 amps... Give me some more suggestions. Id be running effects into it and need it to handle effects well. Id also like for it to get a decent OD sound if possible, but, if not will have boxes running for OD. Thanks in advance.:RoCkIn

2. Luke

Luke Senior Member

Mic the Diezel, run that signal to your effects, and have a small PA for the wet tone. Eric Johnson has used a small PA to add his effects to his vintage tone forever.

3. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Too complicated ;) and I tried searching this, but found no usefull results. How are matchless cleans???...I just really need it to be clean, forget about the OD, just clean.

4. m4tt

m4tt Member

Fender Twin

5. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

You CAN NOT go wrong here for clean. Fender twin reverb all the way.

6. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I need an fx loop. I know that makes the komet not count, but, theres something about that amp that I love, that I cant quite put my hand on.

7. m4tt

m4tt Member

let me guess, the price tag.

8. williamh

Actually, if you're just using an amp for clean, and running effects on a single channel, an fx loop is completely unneccessary.

9. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

m4tt-...no. Ive played one at my buddys house and I loved it, hes got 2. I just found the amp to be very dynamic, and the clean was wicked. How about the mad professor???...man the clean is pristine and when you plug into the abnormal setting you can get nice distortion out of it. But, I need clean so...

10. williamh

Now I'm just curious to why you aren't even considering the fender twin reverb, despite the fact that those are the only two actual recommendations you've recieved so far. If you'd like something more pricey just search for a vintage blackface twin reverb and you'll be right up there.:p If you are simply looking for a clean amp and don't care about overdrive, this is the amp you are looking for flat out. But don't just listen to me, try one, and if you can get over the fact that you're playing through a fender(I seem to remember you saying your other guitarists fender amp was crap), you just might find what you're looking for.

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

williamh- Im going to be honest with you, I had a twin reverb as my second amp, I honestly didnt like it. Maybe it was just the one I got. I kept havving constant problems with it, and didnt find it reliable. I remeber one time I turned it past 5 and one of the tubes blew up while at band practice, and there was something wrong with it ever since then. I kept getting these crackling sounds out of it when I was dialed in at around 2. Stuff would always go wrong with it, and I spent more on repairs than on the actual amp. Ever since then I havent ever wanted to plug into a Fender amp. That and the fact that my bands other guitarists fender amp sounds bad. I also was considering getting the 57' twin ri. It wasnt loud enough for me. The 59' bassman ri. Is kinda cool. But, I just dont like the Fenders ever since then. How are the 65 amps???...or hows the bad cat tone cat???...

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Im not sticking to the Komet I just liked what I heard, I havent been able to try the others, so Im basing it on what Ive tried. I cant try the others unfotunately but have heard many good things about them both on here and in other reviews that Ive read.

13. m4tt

m4tt Member

If you do consider the Fender Twin Reverb again, check out the *Reissue*. A lot of bands are using them because they don't have the reliability dilemma you experienced.

14. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

It was the reissue that I owned...

15. tradarama

tradarama www.PRIMEGUITARS.com Silver Supporting Member

ooops...they're $50k

16. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

Sounds like cost is no object... i would consider a Bruno Cowtipper (like a BF but w/o the screechy highs) or an UG 30. Both have OUSTANDING clean tones. I would also consider a Heritage Patriot, and a Kingsley Deluxe 30, or 50. Both have loops, i believe. If you talk to Simon at Kingsley he will tweak a design to suit you, and the bonus is a very nice OD channel thrown in, as well as great verb.
    The Brunos really need a pedal for dirt unless you get really loud. The Heritage gets "old School" dirt, while the Kingsley goes from chimey beautiful cleans right up to pretty intense OD.... he has excellent sound clips on his site.
    If your taste is more tweed cleans, then besides the usual Victorias, fenders, and Clarks you might want to talk to lou Rosano at Louis Electric amps. Apparently he makes a great tweed twin replica, as well as a host of other design based on the tweed sound but with modern features.
    The MP does have great cleans also, doesn't it? Lot of $$ , though.
    Tons of good choices , really. I could probably name a few more amps, but these are ones i've owned and/or had extensive experience with.

17. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

57 special- thanks for the recommendations, I havent heard of any of those besides the Bruno and heritage. Arent any of the ones I listed any good for cleans???...

18. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

The mad professor does have an amazing clean sound. It can get some sweet distortion aswell. It does cost alot though. I have until December to decide though, because, with the purchase of the VH4 im gonna' be totally broke. I thought about running my MK IV stereo with it, but...no. Im selling it. Ive always wanted a good clean amp. hows the /13 stuff?

19. fretnot

fretnot Gold Supporting Member

R u playing really big gigs? You're playing with some serious amps!

FWIW, the deluxe reverb reissue is a nice clean amp, and can be had relatively cheap...if that doesn't bother you. :)

20. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Get a Hiwatt 100 watt half stack and have your maid/chauffer/butler carry your rig for you.