• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Good F’in lord, isn’t Brad Paisley just the best ever?

Gas Hed

In all seriousness I'd like to know how the sound people controlled the noise that would come with the fall? I expected to hear some clanging going on. What gives? Did they just quickly press pause on the pre-recorded solo?

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
He’s a great player and seems like a great guy. Big shows with big intricate stages can be easy to misstep. Lots of vid of players falling . There one of The Edge slipping off some runway.
Doesn’t happen so much with the typical amateur blooze statues jammed into the corner of the local dive.

Last edited:

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
Squatch thinks the SoundBound Lounge is the best place ever for discussions like this... the Pub is our tomfoolery playground!

And yes Brad is one Awesome mofo, but I’m not shur about the best ever!

~ss

Reactions: WWW
Note that he got back up and continued to keep his focus on the audience, not on himself.

IMO, he's about as good as guitarists get, and he's quite good at assembling pop songs, too (yes, I said pop - he just plays them with country instrumentation).

Gold Supporting Member
Squatch thinks the SoundBound Lounge is the best place ever for discussions like this... the Pub is our tomfoolery playground!

And yes Brad is one Awesome mofo, but I’m not shur about the best ever!

~ss
At least one mod confirms! Sorry, they rarely let me out of the effects area.

Mike J.

I liked the first few albums a lot - in fact the composing and the lyrics were outstanding and the guitar playing on point. Unfortunately, Brad‘s music became very repetitive and foreseeable, so I stay with the older stuff.

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
At least one mod confirms! Sorry, they rarely let me out of the effects area.
Haha no worries... when this was in the Pub, Squatch said something because he is on a campaign for Pub Awareness with the goal being to to keep the Pub running at the maximum grab@ss and shenanigan capacity and at the same time keeping all the musical discussions here in teh SHL, where there’s moar band width and serious musical discussions going down!

also Brad was in his last year when I started at Belmont University and we used to go watch him do overdubs and sessions. He’s a super nice guy and one of the best players out there!

~ss

Last edited:

gman1951

Gold Supporting Member
All I can say is Ouch! Once one gets that forward inertia going, it's almost impossible to stop; just have to go with the fall.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
If that was a Les Paul?

Thank goodness it was a Tele! Great recovery from Brad! Killer player and showman, no question!

patshep

not my type of music at all, but he seems cool as heck, and nice recovery... who can play guitar while running like that

Trending Topics

Top Bottom