• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Good Gig Bags?

Jerad

What gig bags do you recommend? I need new ones for an electric and an acoustic. I've used ProTec in the past and liked them.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
For electric:

Affordable - Suhr. GREAT bag and only $120.

Crazy Swank - Glenn Cronkhite. The founder of Reunion Blues is still at it under his own name. His leather bags offer great protection and incredible luxury.

:)

GuitarBuilder

Just picked up the Fender Deluxe Electric Guitar gig bag for $39. Seems well-made and has plenty of extra storage.

sdhupelia

+3 for Mono, I use their double bag - I take one guitar in the front half to every rehearsal, and since I'm too lazy and slow to restring a guitar on the fly, I just take two guitars to every gig - we only play in standard tuning, and I only play PRS's with split coils where I can get through all of my tone needs with one guitar, so I can play the gig with my #1, and then if a string breaks I'll just quickly swap out to the second pocket.

Hamer95USA

Protect's Contego model is certainly one of the best.

+1 for the Pro Tec Contego gig bag & their customer service!! I've used mine for 4 years. The zipper got damaged through normal use and Pro Tec honored their 5 year warranty so I have a new Contego gig bag from them now. For double electric guitar gig bags, I have the Pro Bag leather double electric guitar gig bags which I use mainly for gigs or rehearsals requiring 2 guitars. Great materials, sturdy construction, and great prices from Pro Bag as well.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Really, the truth is that there's no shortage of seriously great gig bags at just about every price point (if you're willing to spend $100). :)

hendo

I use a reunion blues continental gig bag and it's one of the best I have ever used. I use it all the time out here in the Oregon rain and it holds up great and keeps my guitar protected and dry. I have had it for about a year, use it a few times a week, and there are no popped seams or worn edges. It's well made.

barryg_nyc

+1 on Reunion Blues.
Not cheap (think mine was $120 using a coupon) but sturdy as a hard case.

I use a reunion blues continental gig bag and it's one of the best I have ever used. I use it all the time out here in the Oregon rain and it holds up great and keeps my guitar protected and dry. I have had it for about a year, use it a few times a week, and there are no popped seams or worn edges. It's well made.

msr13

+4 for mono. Love it. I use a Collings I-35, Soloway Single 15, and others in it regualry. I trust it, like the compartmen space, and given it is a gig bag, taking precautions feel good taking it anywhere. Also pretty easy to navigate on planes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom