• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Good guitar shops in Hong Kong, any names?

lewisanderson

Hello all,

I'm in Hong Kong for two days next month and was wondering if anybody could give me the names and locations of any good guitar shops there? I know there are a few Tom Lee stores there, but don't know which one is the biggest and has the largest range of gear. Also, I've been told that prices there are comparable to those in the US. Is this the case? I'm looking for a Fender guitar and a couple of pedals. Any help is greatly appreciated.

RvChevron

Tom Lee in Tsim Sha Tsui has the largest selection of Fender, Fender CS, Gibson, Gibson CS and other well known brands, Godin, Ibanez, EB, PRS and many others.

I'm not sure if the price is comparable to the US, it's usually higher.

Remember you might need to pay customs duty and taxes etc if you buy one and bring it back to your country. For stuff not made in the US anyway.

Worth looking just/especially for the size and diversity of their selections.

Addy is: G/F., 1-9 Cameron Lane, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon
Phone: (852) 2723 9932

It's kinda like the bigger Guitar Centers in the US.

lewisanderson

Many thanks. for the info. I'm staying in Tsimshatsui, I think in the Hilton, so the Tom Lee store is maybe not so far away.

mbrann

I was at the Cameron Lane store a few years ago. Nice size with a lot of gear as I recall but nothing extraordinary. As mentioned above, higher prices than the US but it was a fun break from the daily grind while there.

Trending Topics