• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Good, inexpensive electronic piano for my daughter

Blueshound

What would you guys suggest for a good, inexpensive, electronic piano for a beginner? Doesn't need a ton of sounds or bells and whistles. Need weighted keys and a good natural paino sound. What's out there?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Trandy

Silver Supporting Member
Casio Privia series....I think it's a model 120...88 keys...weighted action...velocity sensitive...around $499.00....good piano...reliable too.

nnick

Casio Privia series....I think it's a model 120...88 keys...weighted action...velocity sensitive...around $499.00....good piano...reliable too.
My wife just started taking piano lessons last month. We got her a PX-120. The best value for an entry-level weighted 88-key electric piano.

GuiltySpark

If you want velocity sensitive, but don't need weighted keys, that drops the price almost in 1/2. Check out the lineup from Yamaha. Great practice and intro keys, with good tone.

Blueshound

Thanks for the suggestions. I had been looking at the PX-120 thinking it seemed like a good value, but knowing nothing about electronic pianos, I thought I should tap the collective experience here.

Thanks for the help.

Lee

Yamaha was once the undisputed king of affordable digital pianos, but Casio really caught up with their Privia line. If I thought Yamaha had a digital piano in the same price range that was better in action and sound than the PX-320, I would have gotten the Yamaha..

Trending Topics