good infinate repeate delay.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitarplayerdan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

I want a delay that does a good warm infinate repeate delay. One that doesn't have trails (were the delay continues after switched off). I have a nova. But I want a warm analog delay as well. Doesn't have to be analog. Just warm sounding. Something not over 200$

2. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

I would say the DD-20 is exactly what you are looking for....except, it trails.

Maybe a bypass box.... (edit: ie-use a dd20 with a bypass box)

You can find them for around 150$ used. Amazing delay for the price! Tons of features and great sounds!

3. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

yeah. Thanks. Ill keep that in mind. I would like something very small though. I already have a nova. I want something that does a musical (thats a broad term) repeate thing.

4. hbentley

hbentley Member

analogman delay, keeley ad9, boss dm2

5. KCWM

KCWM Supporting Member

the delay setting on my little korg AX3G has the infinite repeat as far as I can tell, but I'm pretty sure it trails. I love making a crazy wall of feedback/noise. Fun stuff.

I have no suggestions.

6. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

if your reffering to the hold feature as used by the likes of eric johnson, then i think the earlier digitech delays are the ones to go for... i don't think you'll find an analog delay that will do that...

7. Merelington

Merelington Member

Boss DM-2 would be perfect. Warm analog sound, infinite delays, cuts out when bypassed, small size, & they go for around $200 used.

8. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

I'll eventually complement my Nova with an analogh delay as well, but you do know that you can disable the spill-over feature (i.e the trails), in the Nova, right?

9. Teahead

Teahead Member

Do you want the repeats to keep their original sound and shape on these long settings, or do you want them to fold into one another as they decay? The Ibanez AD-80 is great for the latter, for the former a DD-3 with hi-cut from Analog Man would be a good solution.

10. dsj

dsj Member

I think the Danelectro Wasabi delay may fit your bill. Don't know if it's "infinite" but the repeats do go on and on and on (and on), and there are no trails, you turn it off and it stops instantly.

Fun pedal in general, I thought the reverse function was good, too.

11. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

DE7 works nicely and its pretty cheap, but the switch is crap.