Good luthier on Long Island...Quick!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 89strat, Feb 28, 2009.

1. 89strat

89strat Member

I played one of our best shows ever last night and woke up this morning to put my gear away and noticed that the headstock on a my les paul cracked... while in the case. Must of fell over in the van or while loading. I have another gig in a couple weeks and I have to get this looked at. I'm on Long Island.....any recommendations? What a way to end a great night.

2. Eugene

Eugene Supporting Member

Flip Scipio....he's one of the best anywhere.....

He usually has a backlog, but maybe he can help quickly...give him a call.

Eugene

3. parns2112

parns2112 Member

Ed Clark Guitars in Ronkonkoma...He repaired a friend's VERY cracked Les Paul Custom Shop a few years ago by doing a wood graft. It may also be able to be glued down, depending on the crack. He is the best (IMO, anyway).

4. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Chris at American Guitar in New Hyde Park 516-488-5000.
    Does great work for George Benson, and other no-names :)

5. Jan Folkson

Jan Folkson Member

John Bertsche at We Buy Guitars in Bellmore.

516-221-0563

6. billy budapest

billy budapest Supporting Member

7. 89strat

89strat Member

I've had a refret done by him on a gibson acoustic of mine along with a bone nut and saddle. Made that guitar one of the best I've played. If I'm not mistaken, he used to work with Shane over at that guitar store in Wantagh. They do good stuff there also, what do you think of them?

8. Jan Folkson

Jan Folkson Member

AFAIK, he's never worked in Wantagh. He was the in-house guy at ash for a while though. He's totally old school and ridiculously good. He's been working out of WeBuy for several years now.

9. wutnot

wutnot Supporting Member

I'm sorry but I was disappointed with the service done on my guitar by John at We Buy Guitars of off the Meadowbrook Parkway.

I am sure he is a great guitar repair guy and seems extremely knowledgeable.
    however after having something basic done, my guitar was returned extremely dirty with marks it hadnt had previously.

My guitar was bought brand new a month before taking it to him and when it was brought in, it was spotless. not only was it filthy when returned, but it had scratches and marks where I didnt have them before. slight Buckle rash and some marks right above the pick guard. I truthfully dont believe those marks were there previously.

so I rarely talk poorly about anyone like this, but I thought I should share my experience. Maybe soldering work is dirty, I truthfully dont know. But I wasnt expecting it to look like my guitar was crapped on.

10. paul14470

paul14470 Member

11. jtees4

jtees4 Member