• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Good Medium output pickups for a Gibson SG?

Progman

I play through a Marshall Vintage Modern Half Stack and I play blues, classic rock, hard rock, and heavy/old school metal.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
I really like the seymour duncan 59 for sg's, but try a few and find out what you really like.

Rumblefish

Derek Truks and Warren Haynes are using Klein pups. I can attest to their beautiful vintage sound.:bow

Occam

Gold Supporting Member
You're going to get a million unique answers but I really love the Lollar Imperials. His pickups in general just seem to really sound like rock and roll to me. I also love Bare Knuckle's for higher gain stuff but I've yet to try their standard output pickups other than their P90's but I'm pretty sure they'll work great based on their clips.

zztomato

I just snagged a pair of late 60's vintage patent sticker t-tops from the emporium for $250. Those are awesome pickups.

Sun Creature

I'll throw another vote towards the 57 Classic/57 Classic Plus combo. Followed by the Rio Grande BBQ/Genunine TX combo

jjsurma

I put Duncans in this when I bought it...a JB in the neck and a 57 in the bridge...sounds amazing.

Last edited:

MrGibson

I got the original Bill Lawrence Super Humbuckers in my SG. Hot, heavy and mushy until lowered. Now; hot, heavy and creamy. Very SG. Keepers!:p

Trending Topics