• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Good method to cover up flashing tap tempo LEDs?

MogwaiBoy

Sometimes having 3-4 flashing lights on my board is distracting. I'm trying to make music, not pilot the Starship Enterprise. This is especially the case in dark jam rooms or stages when it's like there's a Christmas tree at my feet all the time. I don't actually use the visual blinking to indicate delay tempo anyway, so the flashing lights serve no functional purpose for me.

Does this bother anyone else - and how have you solved it?

I've tried masking tape and you can still see through it, though it does reduce the brightness a lot, so might be an option. Electrical tape is a no go - leaves a hell of a residue.

Looking for a non-permanent, removable and non-destructive way to just cover up the blinkin' lights (hah).

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
Sometimes having 3-4 flashing lights on my board is distracting. I'm trying to make music, not pilot the Starship Enterprise. This is especially the case in dark jam rooms or stages when it's like there's a Christmas tree at my feet all the time. I don't actually use the visual blinking to indicate delay tempo anyway, so the flashing lights serve no functional purpose for me.

Does this bother anyone else - and how have you solved it?

I've tried masking tape and you can still see through it, though it does reduce the brightness a lot, so might be an option. Electrical tape is a no go - leaves a hell of a residue.

Looking for a non-permanent, removable and non-destructive way to just cover up the blinkin' lights (hah).
Sounds like electrical tape on masking tape would do the trick.

I’ve never messed with it, but I agree they can be obtrusive.

Blue Bee

Yeah I cover them too, usually use whatever I can find laying around. I save stickers just to cut into little pieces and layer them. Also use the soft Velcro and cut into a small square, that allows a little light though.

I used to use gaffers tape but it does leave residue if you leave it for months and it hardens to concrete, so not gaff tape, that stuff is only meant to not leave residue if you remove it within a few days or weeks at most.

also seen stickers made for this purpose
Maybe someone will post them...
I may get some, keep forgetting

TheSpricket

Yeah that's anoying! I use a tiny patch of soft side velcro. It's very sticky and it's thick enough to take all the glare off of the flashing speed light on my Phase 95.

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member

PhuzzphayzZ

I like these!

~ss
ah, an LED pastie!

M.C. Frescher

I've used electrical tape, acrylic paint, and paint pens all with success. Electric tape is obviously the only reversible fix.

TELECASTER88

I put a couple layers of blue painter's tape on them. I need to break out the manuals... Some of them (Supa Trem, Carbon Copy Deluxe?) have ways of setting the LEDs to off.

Last edited: