Good news and bad news.......twice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by IPlayHamers, Jan 19, 2008.

1. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

The good news is, I found a Diezel 2x12 cab today for $500. It was sitting at the local GC and I had to try it. Needless to say, I'm in love. Went to the loud room and plugged in a Budda 30 watt head. I tried several guitars including a '58 Les Paul VOS, Gibson Doubleneck, Gibson SG Classic w/P-90's and a Fender Deluxe Strat. Each guitar sounded absolutely amazing and very up front through this cab. The Doubleneck was a surprising standout. Each neck was very chimy and rich through the clean channel. The six string neck was uber fat with amazing detail. The strat also was very complex sounding and full bodied. i couldn't wait to get it home to try with my Bad Cat Tone Cat head.

Now for bad news #1. I have to wait to get it because of my county's policy to hold used gear for 30 days. Oh well, I can live with that.

Now bad news #2. I get home and decide to fire up the Bad Cat. First I hear a sputter. Then a crackle. Then I see a puff of smoke. POOF.....it totally shuts down. Needless to say, I unplugged it and checked the tubes. they seem fine, but I'm not taking any chances. She'll be off to my tech on Monday. Damn the luck.......:(

2. FFTT

FFTT Member

My tech Eric at Viking Amps in Warrenton VA has worked on Tone Cats before very reasonable and a great guy.

So sorry to hear about your sick kitty.

3. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

Thanks for the heads up. If my tech can't find out the problem, I'll look him up. I'd hate to have to send it back to the factory, especially since I bought it used.

4. coxswain

coxswain Member

Sorry to hear about your Cat. What is the 30 day used gear hold policy you are talking about?

Chase

5. FFTT

FFTT Member

James at Bad Cat is a good guy too, so not too bad if it ends up that way.
    Eric corresponded with him checking out my HC100R.

It was cheaper to take it to Eric than it would have been to ship round trip to Bad Cat.

Just hope it's nothing too serious.

http://www.vikingamps.com/
    Email: VikingAmps@comcast.net

Phone: 703-722-6684

6. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

When a music store or pawn shop in Montgomery County, MD. takes in a piece of merchandise, the store must report it to a division of the police department and the item is placed on hold for 30 days, during which time it's investigated as to whether it's stolen.

Sign of the times, I guess.