• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Good Price for a '55 Gibson ES-125?

Custom50

Personally I think that's high, but I'm not the best source of info on these things Some of the guys who really know their vintage stuff will be able to help out.

jimmydeuce

I'm not really sure on the going rate of these at the moment but that sounds high. I was offered one about a year or so ago that was in pretty good shape with case for $950. When I checked around I saw them selling for between $750 and $1200 depending on condition. I got it for $850.

smiert spionam

Silver Supporting Member
That's too high. Should be able to get a clean player with original electronics for $1200 or so -- less for one with more wear. $2k is high, even for a dealer price.

They made a lot of these, so decent players are relatively plentiful.

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
That's too high. Should be able to get a clean player with original electronics for $1200 or so -- less for one with more wear. $2k is high, even for a dealer price.

They made a lot of these, so decent players are relatively plentiful.
Ditto on all counts.

Unless you've gotta have a pretty, shiny one, you shouldn't pay more than a grand. Hell, a 125 doesn't even have binding on the fingerboard! I'd get a Harmony H-50 anyday before I'd get a 125.

henry_lee

Way too high.

I scored a near-mint '53 early last year for $1200.

Not only was it a killer sounding and playing geetar,
it was pretty much the gateway drug to vintage P-90 heaven. :bong
By the end of 2008 I traded my way into a 1954 ES175D.

Be careful, it's a slippery slope!

Unless you've gotta have a pretty, shiny one, you shouldn't pay more than a grand. Hell, a 125 doesn't even have binding on the fingerboard! I'd get a Harmony H-50 anyday before I'd get a 125.
I never could hear the (lack of) binding on the ES 125 T I had easy access to as a kid; just beautiful music. Everyone loved that guitar, I could just fly with that guitar.

Oh, how I loved the opportunity to get away from that total piece of garbage, 12 month old Harmony I had. What a joke those were. Easily the worst guitar I have ever owned.

AtomEve

Here's a killer collectable for $1500.00. With the original bill of sale and a super clean original case.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1050796162.html

I am the seller BTW.
:RoCkIn

I am going to list this guitar in the classifieds section so no harm no foul I hope.
Personally for me a Gibson guitar, ANY Gibson guitar for 1-2 grand in killer condition from the 1950's is a deal to write home about. No question.

Thanks,
Mr Bryan

Trending Topics