Good price on KRK rokit 5's from GC...

Kluch

Not sure they're the best budget monitors but for 110.00 I don't think you can go wrong. They're the gold edition one's. Posting link shortly

fisticuffs

Oh the monitors I could deal with, the gold not so much. I need a new pair. Had one die on me. Thinking the Tannoy reveals though. Always loved Tannoy.

Monotremata

I just bought Tannoy Reveal 501As from GC this morning for $109.99 a piece...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Monotremata

Let me know how those are when you've driven them a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely! It was between those and the Equator D5 and I somehow stumbled onto a page that let me order them and for the price it was a no brainer! If you do a regular search for em only used ones come up and can't remember how I got to em he he.

fisticuffs

I just bought Tannoy Reveal 501As from GC this morning for $109.99 a piece...

Did you see the new ones?

Actually got to hear them yesterday. Pretty great for the price. 8's are $279 each, 4's are $139.99 each.

Last edited:

Veritas

Gold Supporting Member
Well, the gold isn't very attractive, haha. However, Rokit 5's are a fantastic value in their price range.

I own a pair of Rokit 5s. I like them. If you know what you're doing, I'd say theyre all you need in your home studio (with the right room,position, foam, etc)

Monotremata

Let me know how those are when you've driven them a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn they took one day to get here haha. Still breaking them in but I already like them waaaay better then the super-middy MAudio SP-5Bs I was using. Same size speaker but the Tannoys cab is bigger. Love the detail in the mids, and the low end on em is just fine. Of course I forgot to order some 1/4" to XLRs so I'm using em unbalanced at the moment..

levous

I had a pair of rokit 5 and I also thought they were a greatt value until one started intermittently fuzzing out. No support from krk (now Gibson). So now I have one rokit 5 in my closet collecting dust

dporto

I got a pair for Christmas and specifically got them because they were gold! :aok I think they look awesome! they sound ok too - they're not my mains, so only use them to hear "small speaker" sound...They're kind of midrangey, but that's good for my purpose.

Kluch

I actually went to GC and checked them out again. I also asked about the new tannoy's... the guy there said the best bang for buck monitors in that "price range" are the jbl lsr305's. That's what I was leaning toward in the first place. Just didn't want to pay full price. But sweetwater has a deal going where if you buy one jbl, u get the other speaker 1/2 off. I hope GC will match that price. :D

Trending Topics